Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
This is just a short, unedited clip taken while driving along the Amalfi Coast. For this relatively short drive, we piled 2.5 couples into each of the Fiat 500L's because of the difficulty of finding parking in the small towns. Spectacular scenery and amazing how they stuck entire towns to the side of a mountain with the Tyrrhenian Sea at the foot.

Driving the coastal road.
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Great video, Guenter.
I guess if you're born there and learn to drive it when young it's no big deal, as opposed to a tourista from NA.
The passing on blind corners still amazes me; I see it locally here from time to time --despite the yellow lines-usually from youths that must have a death wish.
That's great!!!!!! I like how the cars are parked on either side of the road in any direction they choose. That's big revenue here smiling smiley

Looks like you had a great time.
Joanne
Yep. Parking is like driving in Italy. How's this for parking in downtown Rome? Yes, that BMW is parked. (Notice how the Smart car is pulled up to the curb?)

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
We started in Zagreb. I plan to make a you tube video when we get home using my video tapes and my wife's photos. Parking is crazy all over Europe with all the small streets. Dubrovnik is built on a slope that is something greater than 45% so it is very interesting. Croatia is a great place to visit.
We drove into Montenegro today as far as Kotor. We ate at a lovely village on the water named Perast. The road was two way but so tight that I am still amazed that we did not hit the opposing traffic. Had we gone an inch(s) to the right we would have had our right wheels hanging over the water off the stone embankment. on the way back when we were in Croatia going northwest to Dubrovnik when my wife took a photo of the Boxster and then he was gone.

Can't post the photo because from here I have lost the little icons that allow inserting PICs.
... more like on the side of a mountain winking smiley

[i83.photobucket.com]

Happy travelling,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
How about Positano, on the Amalfi Coast in Italy.

From here, the only way to the beach is 300 of these

Or how about Manarola, Italy.

It was happy travelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:38PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
is surprising. They are having a good time, right? Or, were they doing a lot of touristy things like lots of walking?
Tony in Whittier
is surprising. They are having a good time, right? Or, were they doing a lot of touristy things like lots of walking?

Not sure what you are expecting. All of us jumping up and down to show excitement? Just taking in the beauty of the area.

When you're in Italy (and any part of Europe to which I've been), it's not just the tourists that walk. That's how people get around. It's a totally different life style from North America. Parking space is at a premium and gas prices are about $9 / gallon. Walking is also the best way to really see the beauty and history of the small towns. Even a lot of cities have pedestrian zones only. So, if you really want to see things, you walk. It's actually healthy for you too.

Another perspective from the same spot to show how far down it is to the beach.

300 steps down gets you here.

Instead of looking for the closest parking space to the gym entrance, Europeans walk or bicycle to open greenmarkets in the town square and have a more intimate sense of the community they live in. There are lots of old ladies and old men walking up hills that would give many Americans a coronary...
... Oh, time for a snack: a double bacon cheeseburger between two corn syrup soaked waffles with whipped cream on top ought to hold me 'til mid afternoon. None of that rabbit food for me! Mmm-mm!
Oh that's funny
grant - 9 years ago
I made a commitment about a year back, whenever the weather's cooperative - I bike to the gym. Lots of benefits. I'm woken up, I'm warmed up, mini carido workout, and then i can jump right into the heavy lifting (literally) of gym work.

Driving to the exer-cycle is retarded.

Plus, it saves gas, and eliminates those awful cold-start-run-cold-never warm up and dump gas and water into my crankcase drives.

Getting cold and wet tho...

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
How about some nude beach photo's G-man winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL
How about some nude beach photo's G-man winking smiley

Here you go Gary.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
And I wouldn't change anything about you confused smiley

I remember going to the beaches of Spain. At the time I was married. When we got home and had the film developed, I was quite surprised (not sure why) as to what 1/2 the pics were. He took them when I wasn't around. ..... Just had to shake my head.

Joanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login