Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I still don't have my car back. They told me today that they replaced the valve again. They have been in contact with Porsche. They have recommended to keep the car another evening as it resets and to reeval it in the morning. Apparently the CEL didn't go out and they are hoping the reset over night will do it. If it doesn't work, Porsche will be doing more testing or something, not quite sure what that means.

I just want my car back, the Cayenne is extremely comfortable. I like the keyless entry. But, I don't like the size. If they don't figure it out tomorrow, it means I'll have this car over the weekend. Maybe I should find some roads to go 4 wheel driving on grinning smiley

Joanne
Joanne in OC
I just want my car back, the Cayenne is extremely comfortable. I like the keyless entry. But, I don't like the size. If they don't figure it out tomorrow, it means I'll have this car over the weekend. Maybe I should find some roads to go 4 wheel driving on grinning smiley

Joanne

...actually, you should find NO roads to go 4 wheel driving. winking smiley Isn't that what a 4 wheel drive SUV is supposed to be for?
Word of advice...
MarcW - 9 years ago
As painful as separation is you must not accept the car back until the problem has been resolved.

This includes when you get the car back if the problem resurfaces you immediately take the car back and drop it off.

If you accept the car with the problem unresolved you tell the dealer you will accept the car with the problem unresolved. The dealer will not be as enthusiastic pursuing a solution.

There is another thing to consider. If one accepts the car back with the CEL on and believes this to be not be important, if another problem surfaces that also would trigger a CEL one doesn't know this. Problems can stack up.

Some cars have a real problem with turning on the CEL for no good reason. I do not think your Cayman is one of these. The problem is the owner ignores the CEL and continues to drive the car and other problems accumulate until at some point there are symptoms that prompt the owner to take the car in. It is at this point the owner learns there are several expensive to address problems and decides to dispose of the car vs. addressing the problems.
Thanks Tony
Joanne in OC - 9 years ago
I got my car back yesterday...... If I didn't get it back, I was going to go. I would have had to have someone ride with me since I didn't know what all the stuff was in the Cayenne. I couldn't figure out how to open the sun roof sad smiley

But,...... so glad my car is back. I enjoy it much more than the Cayenne. Just wish I had something that needed moving while I had it

Joane
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login