Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
..not all that fast, but very clean. Quite a nice, short-ish track.

I'm at a big power disadvantage - from way before each type 1 turn's apex i am foot to floor until braking, but others have soooooo much more power.

Advanced / solo run group.

enjoy,

[youtu.be]

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
That went well with my morning cuppa joe. smiling smiley

See you're pulling 1G at corners 9 & 10.

Making my feet itchy.
1G
grant - 9 years ago
yea, that's the problem :-) < 1G. I'm leaving a lot of "money on the table". The most critical is the end of the lightbulb, where there's LOTS of track out, and in my car, the ONLY way to go faster on that straight is to exit the LB faster. My guess - i could exit it 7-10 mph faster by pulling to 1.1G (possible) and allowing the car to drift (lots of room, if I'm somewhat brave). Ditto 1, but that's a very complicated, over the crest, off-camber turn ( as is 5).

Little factoids like that also illustrate whey Pedro's deep sump has a horizontal baffle. Aside from messing with my oil level sensor, it keeps the damn oil in the pan, rather than climbing the walls!

And momentum cars keep one focused on the important - since the "loud pedal" is not an option.

More videos are up now. Both with coaches riding right seat.

Grant

Grant

Re: 1G
MikenOH - 9 years ago
grant
yea, that's the problem :-) < 1G. I'm leaving a lot of "money on the table". The most critical is the end of the lightbulb, where there's LOTS of track out, and in my car, the ONLY way to go faster on that straight is to exit the LB faster. My guess - i could exit it 7-10 mph faster by pulling to 1.1G (possible) and allowing the car to drift (lots of room, if I'm somewhat brave). Ditto 1, but that's a very complicated, over the crest, off-camber turn ( as is 5).

Little factoids like that also illustrate whey Pedro's deep sump has a horizontal baffle. Aside from messing with my oil level sensor, it keeps the damn oil in the pan, rather than climbing the walls!

And momentum cars keep one focused on the important - since the "loud pedal" is not an option.

More videos are up now. Both with coaches riding right seat.

Grant

Looking good, Grant.

+1;corner exit speed drives top speed on the straights with "momentum" cars like the Boxster/Miata. Adding to that, on tight courses like Mid-OH, all the lap time reduction I've got over the past 2 yeas have been via faster times on the tighter section of the backside of the track. I can only go so fast on the straight, but there was a lot of time to made up--two seconds in my case--on the last 7 turns. Different lines yeilding more speed through the turns really has made a difference along with less time on the brakes
Grant

Nice driving and nice video. Makes me miss driving the ole S.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login