Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Here's a few laps of Simon Kirkby, head of the Lime Rock Club and hot shoe for hire (coaching), driving my car. Properly.

He's 10 sec faster than me, and i'm now 10 sec faster than i was, thanks to him.

Sept 16th 2014.

Doing things properly at WGI

If you enjoy that, you can see how i did it an hour or so later:

If the above was doing it properly, must this be ...?
Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 07:28PM by grant. (view changes)
... uses up all the track.
Very smooth.
Nice driving.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Interesting he shifted mid turn at the 1:12 mark, I guess he did not know the car well. Very nice video though
Like most, i over-brake the bus stop. I suppose o could cross out the words "the bus stop" :-)

Do i enter in 4th? Lose some accel through it and into (and out of) the loop? But benefit from not running out of revs on the exit toward the laces?

Of go in in 3rd, stay in it through the loop, then shift ( after he did) to get top end back, then shift back to 4th at the bottom.

Typically i play it safe and stay in 3rd, but in my car that means i have to coast a bit and lose some time, since i'm running out of effective redline.

note my car has a problem that keeps me short shifting, so i lose 15% of max speed in any given gear until fixed.

I suspect he was dealing with the same, in someone else's car.

For the record he pronounced it "sweet handling but a momentum car"

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login