Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Off to VIR!
grant - 9 years ago
Tomorrow dim and early, i'm off the the final event for this season, VIR. Wonderful, wonderful track.
Wish the trip wasn't quite so long (~550 miles), but that's reality.

Finally called in big guns to dig into my car a bit more - we never found anything significant, but several little things wrong. I'm hopeful, but nervously pessimistic, that all my issues will be cured. We shall see. Its certainly running better than it was when it went in. Had likely the best M96 motor guru in the area under the "hood" for nearly a day, plus more than a little of my own time. Aside from that i found all 4 wheels pointing in different directions. No offs this year, so i guess it was just accumulated pounding of curbs. It did seem to change in both sounds and feel last run of lightning. Odd.

Anyway, i have 550 miles to see how it drives and then 3 days on track to see if oil use is reduced greatly.

No last minute decision to join us, eh Pedro?

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 03:00PM by grant. (view changes)
Re: Off to VIR!
MikenOH - 9 years ago
Be safe and have a great time, Grant. Mabe next year.
... one of these years I'll make it back, for sure.
Be safe and fast!
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login