Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I need to add a quart of oil to our 2003S with 81000 miles. I haven't added oil myself in years, so I looked up what oil to use in the manual. The manual specifies a number of oil grades, but I seem to recall that 0W-40 should be used, whjich is not listed in the manual. So, I contacted the dealer, who has done all of my oil changes. They said that they use Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40. I cannot find this specific oil/grade anywhere. However, I can find Mobil 1 5W-40.

Is it OK to mix synthetic oils from different manufacturers?

thanks

Keith
That said you should use an oil that meets ACEA A3 and generally one that is either 0W40 or 5W40 unless you have a specific application that indicates otherwise ( racing, arctic).

M1 0w40, M1 5w40 european car formula (different from truck version, though that's probably OK), Shell rotella T6, Castrol Edge 5W40 European Car, or their similar 0W40 - many of these available in wall mart.

That said there is a list of oils that have passed Porsche's A40 tests and are approved. Being on this list is good. Being off it may mean they didn't spend the EUR 122,700 for testing.

So bottom line, yes. And anything is better than being low.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login