Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I posted this over on the other 997 board....

2009 C2S Coupe Manual

I am getting bogus oil temp values and I am not sure which item to select to get a good read. Any help here? Also, can I pull my gear number and what Dura parameter (manual box)?

Here is a link to download the entire session live log dump: Excel Dura Dump

Here is a longer post I made over at the other board with more detail: My longer Durametric Question

Here is a link to the Durametric output for live values I collected, notice the oil temp readings are really bizarre. [mywebpages.comcast.net]

Peace,
Bruce in Philly

Temps are in F and speed is in MPH

Hmmm... I just noticed.... the water temp rise is really linear..... it doesn't seem to be affected by revs. Higher revs would generate more heat. It also doesn't seem to be affected by vehicle speed either as faster movement runs cold air over the radiators. Hmmmmmm

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S)
Hmmm... I just noticed.... the water temp rise is really linear..... it doesn't seem to be affected by revs. Higher revs would generate more heat. It also doesn't seem to be affected by vehicle speed either as faster movement runs cold air over the radiators. Hmmmmmm

Peace
Bruce in Philly

One other factor regarding revs. At higher revs, you water pump is also pumping water more quickly. Once the engine is warmed up, the thermostat is there to help maintain an even temperature. I don't think you would get sudden spikes in temperature - coolant or oil.

I've always noticed the coolant temperature to be fairly even and gradual. Obviously, the warmer the ambient temperature, the more quickly they engine reaches operating temperature.

Also of note: Once the engine is warmed up (about 180F on my 987, 194F on my 981). The temperature gauge won't show any higher temperature. Porsche cuts it off at that point because they are afraid we will think there's something wrong if the temperature goes higher. (At least that's the reasoning given to me by a mechanic at the Porsche garage.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login