Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Sounds like 2 pedals are too complicated for some drivers, resulting in the demise of another 918 Spyder.

[www.motorauthority.com]
One of those dent puller suction cups will clear that right up.
... or did we loose another 100 somewhere else? winking smiley
A high percentage of them will meet this same fate, unfortunately.
Some people very rich people think they can hop into a super-car and drive it as if it were a Prius.
If I ran Porsche (or any other exotic-car manufacturer) I would require that the potential buyer take training in that particular platform.
Countless supercars (Veyron, CGT, Lambos, etc.) have been lost because of this attitude. sad smiley
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2014 05:13PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
I absolutely agree with you Pedro. You'd think that anyone who can afford a car like that could also afford some training. Of course for the price, the manufacturer can throw in some of that training.

To go with what you had pointed out, too many of these rich people are just buying another status "trinket" to add to their collection. They really have little interest in the experience and art of driving so they could actually appreciate and enjoy what these cars are actually designed for.
The guy I met who had European delivery of a 918 told me that he spent an entire day learning about the car, including some track time, at delivery Iin Weissach, I think). I doubt that it is required, though.
mike
Female friend of the owner was driving. Hopefully, the owner didn't hava a wife at home whom he refused to let even sit in the machine, let alone drive it. Could make for interesting dinner conversation.
he might not survive, after all. Hope the tree is ok.
I can't imagine letting a valet park a sports/muscle car--seems like asking for problems.
One place we stay sometimes has valet parking only. I just take the car and park it in a parking garage a block away.

The valet parking place has the keys locked in a box outside the busy hotel. All someone has to do is forget to or not properly lock the box. Someone swipes some keys and it's really easy these days to track which car belong to which key.

I recall many years ago, driving to NY city with my parents. My dad took the car into the city to visit the Empire State building. The only choice was underground valet parking. I still remember hearing the squealing tires after the guy took the car into the underground parking. That wasn't a sports car either, just a run of the mill Chevy. So it's not exactly a new phenomenon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login