Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I forget where now but I spotted a station with regular at $1.999/gallon!

I filled up with the $2.269/gallon gas but the tank only took 5.7 gallons of fuel.
Can't remember the town, but here's a link for gas prices in the state:
[www.missourigasprices.com]
Please ignore the ad with the incongruous image. There once was one using a picture of a well-known French TV journalist purporting her to be an angry American housewife or something. No way:
[www.televisioninternet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 09:02AM by Laz. (view changes)
This past week was the first time prices dropped below $1 per liter.

This morning, I saw a few stations at $0.989 / liter = $3.74 / gallon. That's for 87 octane. 93 octane usually runs about $0.16 more per liter.
Good. I'm on my way to Missouri!

BTW, yesterday on my way across Texas yesterday -- Lordsburg NM to Wichita Falls TX (659 miles) I spotted about a zillion drilling rigs from the freeway -- the things are really lit up -- or existing oil wells with the flares alight.

Almost every truck on the road was a drilling rig followed by the pump. Lot of tanker trucks on the road carrying the drilling mud.

Passed a number of auto carriers all loaded down with new Teslas. Money is everywhere here in Texas. I expect to see the same in Oklahoma.

God I love Texas and God Bless America and the free enterprise system!
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Thank the Saudis for trying to destroy our shale/fracking industry and Canada's sand oil business. Both are very expensive to produce. So, since we now produce more oil than Saudi Arabia, they've taken to pumping and dumping oil on the market, with no signs of slowing down. It's much cheaper for them to get oil out of the desert than it is for us or Canada to get it out of rocks and sand.
When prices go up again, and they will, the oil will appear again.

I think the Saudis are more interested in hurting Russia -- Russia scares Saudis -- and Iran (ditto).
I figured the didn't much care for the fact that the USA, once the Saudis main addict, began out producing them. It's funny how people are acting like prices won't go up again. SUVs and other gas guzzlers are once again popular. Three years from now, those fools will be the ones screaming the loudest about it costing $100 to fill up theri tanks each and every week.
Already somewhat diminished by the advent of hybrids and electric vehicles.
You don't get something for nothing. And we expect quality education, a clean environment, roads to drive on, airline safety, bridges that don't fall down, etc.

I drive a car that gets twice the MPG as the one I drove two years ago. I have no objection to paying more in either property or gas tax because I use the roads and bridges the same amount.

I invest my money for the future of my family, I hope our politicians/governments do the same for the community/nation.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC
You don't get something for nothing. And we expect quality education, a clean environment, roads to drive on, airline safety, bridges that don't fall down, etc.

I drive a car that gets twice the MPG as the one I drove two years ago. I have no objection to paying more in either property or gas tax because I use the roads and bridges the same amount.

I invest my money for the future of my family, I hope our politicians/governments do the same for the community/nation.

Gas taxes by state:
[en.wikipedia.org]

I didn't do a complete search but the wiki link suggested the federal share of the gas tax provided $25 billlion in funds,which sounds like chump change--assuming it's all spent on road projects--considering how extensive the interstate system is in the US.

FWIW, --after years of watching politicians in action--as far back as LBJ--the notion of them investing current funds for the future benefits of the community/nation is mostly a pipe dream.
From local governments to the Feds, how many times have they taken funds ear-marked for specific projects/entitlements and spent them in the General fund (S/S to name a big one). They are great on making promises on benefits but are reluctant to raise the taxes to pay for them--way easier to print money, on the federal level anyway.
The road fund on a federal level runs out of money sometime early next year.
[www.businessweek.com]

Some interesting stats including what the increased mileage from cars, coupled with fewer miles driven is doing to the fund and current proposals to provide funding.
Likewise, some states have either raised or eliminated their gas tax in favor of other methods.
MikenOH
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC

Gas taxes by state:
[en.wikipedia.org]

I didn't do a complete search but the wiki link suggested the federal share of the gas tax provided $25 billlion in funds,which sounds like chump change--assuming it's all spent on road projects--considering how extensive the interstate system is in the US.

FWIW, --after years of watching politicians in action--as far back as LBJ--the notion of them investing current funds for the future benefits of the community/nation is mostly a pipe dream.
From local governments to the Feds, how many times have they taken funds ear-marked for specific projects/entitlements and spent them in the General fund (S/S to name a big one). They are great on making promises on benefits but are reluctant to raise the taxes to pay for them--way easier to print money, on the federal level anyway.

Exactly. CA has a windfall and Governor Moonbeam is going to spend it on his train to nowhere.

Here in CA there is serious talk of raising gas taxes. Oh, and the cap and trade or carbon tax on fossil fuels kicks in Jan 1. In CA it is say goodbye to these low prices.
The track record of our representatives on spending is dismal. I dont want to get started on government waste.

The proposed gas tax will be based on miles driven (tracking device). The trucking industry has expressed their disapproval. My biggest conern is privacy. I don't want big brother knowing how or where I drive. Next concern is that the tax is regressive, much harder on the poor. After all that we still wont get bridges replaced or new roads built. They will find a pet project to fund.
Tony in Whittier
The track record of our representatives on spending is dismal. I dont want to get started on government waste.

The proposed gas tax will be based on miles driven (tracking device). The trucking industry has expressed their disapproval. My biggest conern is privacy. I don't want big brother knowing how or where I drive. Next concern is that the tax is regressive, much harder on the poor. After all that we still wont get bridges replaced or new roads built. They will find a pet project to fund.

And just how do you define 'fair share'? He who has the most pays the most? I suppose if your name is Karl Marx....

Interesting that a tax which applies at the same rate to everyone is considered 'regressive'. Even a fixed percent income tax (if only such a thing were to exist) would still remove more money from the pockets of non-poor income earners, and not because they use government services more (in fact, they use many, less), but because governments CAN take more of their money.

So-called 'progressive' taxes are, in my view, regressive - government doing its best to erode initiative and enterprise.

Do the cars driven by the 'poor' magically cause less wear on the highway infrastructure???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2014 10:39AM by Roger987. (view changes)
They may have the lowest B/E point to get it out of the ground but IIRC their government budget depends on the sale of oil and the budget B/E is around $100/bbl.

Here's a link to the chart showing what various producers needed in terms of oi pricing to support their domestic government spending:
[www.theguardian.com]

Russia, Iran and Venezula will experience a significant drop in revenues relative to current spending; where that ends up could be anybody's guess, but I don't think it will be pretty if it goes on for any length of time, especially in Venezula.
Today's gas prices are somewhat close to the cheapest they've ever been (adjusted for inflation).

Ref: [streets.mn]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login