Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I want to install an "S" center radiator on my 99 base. I have the complete assembly center radiator ready to bolt on. I also have both left and right feed and return hoses and pipes from an "S" the pipes/hoses that are visible in each wheel well. The question I have is if I remove the existing hose/pipes from the radiator to the main coolant pipes that run down the center of the car will they fit? I have read the S pipes are larger for more volume but are the differences the hose/pipes in the front wheel wells? Also, assuming the S hoses/pipes can replace the existing base pipes/hoses what is the easiest/least painful way to go about replacing the pipes/hoses? Do i need to remove the coolant fans to get to the claps on the radiators? I thought that by getting the S pipes/hoses I would have a cleaner and easier install but not sure that is the case. Seems like the install described in Pedro's DIY with the copper fittings would be easier but don't want to start cutting anything until I am sure what fittings I would need. I replaced both coolant fans last year and that was a PITA! So i don't want to take that all apart again.

can anyone advise me on the least painful manor to install this. I live in the northeast and so the car is off the road until spring.
I don't have any insight but I assume you have Wayne Dempsey's book? The website probably contains additional info.
yes I have the Pelican book. I think I am going to use Pedro's solution, it seems to be the path of least resistance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login