Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Thanks for posting. However all the quick cutting, etc., isn't conducive to actually informing the viewer. That creative license is better left to art films such as: Koyaanisqatsi
Speaking of informative, it says "Ferry" designed the 911. No, Ferdinand "Butzi" is generally credited with that.
Also, it pretty much conflates the base 991 with the S: something like, "the engine went from 3.6 to 3.4 liters, yet gained 5 horsepower," then a blurb displays saying the S generates 400 horsepower. Yeah, but with a 3.8, not the 350 hp 3.4 liter base motor. One might infer the 3.6 and the 3.4 make 395 and 400 hp respectively.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 07:18PM by Laz. (view changes)
Particularly the airbag installation, at about 3:38. (At least I think it was 38 - could have been 36 though).

[www.youtube.com]
Any of his reviews I've seen include some good background about the car and included accurate information.
Even a couple of 981's managed sneak into the production line near the end of the video.
Or this one? Newly released

[youtu.be]

MIKELLIG
Looks like production is almost done. I wonder what that production crew will be working on when the next 14 are completed.

Almost looked like the engine internals were given a coat of P21S, they were so clean, smooth and shiny. Also pretty meticulous when you see them checking every piece of gapping with a gauge. Of course, that's what you'd expect with a car costing close to $1,000,000 US - actually more than that here in Canada with the current exchange rate.

I guess that one sold at London Porsche will be sitting around for a while because the customer is doing a Spring factory delivery. Probably doing the smart thing, like Pedro had suggested in an earlier post, and getting some driving introduction on their test track.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login