Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
But my track car, which has been more or less in hibernation since VIR in early November, decided to set off its alarm every few hours ( when locked).

I took the car on nits sorta-monthly long drive, to Christmas Dinner about 45 minutes away. Nice long highway drive. All good, aside from the junk tires on it for sitting through the winter.

Came home, locked it up, began reading "A Christmas Carol" and the ghosts began. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway - it continued later that night and twice the next morning. Always shit up if I aimed the key at it and pushed the lock/reset button. Car remained locked by the way. In finally unlocked it and of course all is quiet.

There were no high winds, and after the 2nd occurrence i disregard kids or a stray cat.

Anything you all can think of? I'd like to simply disarm the alarm anyway.

Maybe i need to repent.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I would try putting a mouse trap on the passenger's floor and in both boots....then make sure you don't forget about them.

MIKELLIG
grant
But my track car, which has been more or less in hibernation since VIR in early November, decided to set off its alarm every few hours ( when locked).

I took the car on nits sorta-monthly long drive, to Christmas Dinner about 45 minutes away. Nice long highway drive. All good, aside from the junk tires on it for sitting through the winter.

Came home, locked it up, began reading "A Christmas Carol" and the ghosts began. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway - it continued later that night and twice the next morning. Always shit up if I aimed the key at it and pushed the lock/reset button. Car remained locked by the way. In finally unlocked it and of course all is quiet.

There were no high winds, and after the 2nd occurrence i disregard kids or a stray cat.

Anything you all can think of? I'd like to simply disarm the alarm anyway.

Maybe i need to repent.

Grant

You could try to repent. Ya, never know.... winking smiley

On a more realistic level, I'd still wonder about stray cats or other animal, which may have been wanting a warm place to relax. (Assuming the car was still warm after a 45 minute drive)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 10:54AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
..when the clock chimed one ( oh, wait, no, that was the book)

1st - around two hours later
2nd - middle of the night, maybe 3-4am
3rd - mid morning, maybe 10 am

Undriven. One would think the cat would learn. And where was the cat all those previous days?

It certainly is possible and was one of my suspects....

Something just seems way too sensitive. This car has almost never gone off before

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Under the heading of "less useful input", these movie lines may prove to be fair counter-incantations: [www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login