Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
People slip sliding everywhere. Pure chaos on the roads. No way my 997S with summer tires would have survived out there today. May keep her tucked away all week as this white stuff isn't going anywhere soon. Lows in the teens and highs only in the 20s for most of the week. Burrr. Gonna have to walk to Starbucks instead of drive. I know these German cars can be tanks in the snow when properly fitted with the right tires, but we just don't get enough to justify the time and expense of having them. I'd lose snow tires to dry rot before wear issues would even come into play.
I bought a 4wd CRV just to have an alternative to the Boxster in the snow. And then pranged my first Boxster on glare ice the first cold day.

It's a balmy 56 here in mid-NC today, going down to 12 Thursday night. Have had so much rain walking on the lawn or fairway is like walking on a carpet laid on an inch of water.

Please keep the cold up there where it belongs!
Currently
Roger987 - 9 years ago
Observed at: Charlottetown Airport Date: 3:00 PM AST Tuesday 6 January 2015

Condition:Mainly Sunny
Pressure:101.8 kPa
Tendency: falling
Visibility: 24 km
Temperature: -16.9°C
Wind: W 26 gust 38 km/h
Wind Chill: -28

Minus 28 C is equal to minus 18.4 F.

In simple terms, it's cold.

"How cold?", you ask. When I tried to start the engine this morning, the oil in the crankcase was so thick the crankshaft wouldn't rotate; instead, the car revolved around IT, like a pig on a spit.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC
I bought a 4wd CRV just to have an alternative to the Boxster in the snow...
We just replaced our '06 CR-V (AWD) with a '15 version, for the same reason. Immediately slapped on a new set of winter wheels/tires and we're good to go for any weather we have any business being out in. Worse than that and we'll stay home.
learn how to get out of an understeering situation in a snow filled parking lot. Can't do it down here as it's 80 degrees and sunny. Heading south to Homestead for a DE in 4 weeks. I guess that's much better than doing donuts in the snow. smiling smiley
Brave man. VA roadways were terrible. Cars were sliding to stops, if they could before entering the intersection. I didn't see any blacktop until I hit DC streets, which you know you are doing something wrong if DC outshines you, unless we are talking crime stats.
I've made a bee-line to the local church parking lot to practice car control and play.

Then again, i have 4 snow tires and enjoy that sort of thing. Less enjoyable on a crowded street!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login