Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
2015s
nobox - 9 years ago
are dealers done with '15 Box deliveries?
nobox
are dealers done with '15 Box deliveries?

What makes you think they are done? I see lots of 2015 Boxster on dealer websites. 2015 GTS's are just starting to come into dealer inventories.
Re: 2015s
nobox - 9 years ago
thanks.

saw many new ones via cars.com but nothing i would necessarily bite at.

i'll keep my eye open.
nobox
thanks.

saw many new ones via cars.com but nothing i would necessarily bite at.

i'll keep my eye open.

On cars.com I see 884 new Boxsters listed. If none of those comes close to what you're looking for, you can do what I did. Custom order one. Most dealers should still have 2015 allocations left.
nobox - 9 years ago
yup and about 130 with sticks (sign of the times)

the price ceiling i had narrowed it further

thanks
db997S - 9 years ago
Not sure where you are located, but bump your price and negotiate down. Might open up a few more options. Some dealers are more willing than others to negotiate. I live in DC and have purchased two of my three Porsches from a CT dealership. Another advantage, my mom still lives up there and the dealer is about 10 minutes from her house. DC dealers just don't seem that itnerested in negotiating, well, at least not with me, and we have several dealers in the immediate area to choose from. Happy hunting.
nobox - 9 years ago
Thanks db.

I'm in DC as well and understand. I've factored some kind of haircut into the MSRPs I see.

Haven't bought a new car in probably 20 years .. apologize if some of my questions seem uninformed.
Just wondering. Is it that you're not finding a car at your price point? Or is it you can't find the colour and other options combo that you're looking for?

Do you have questions about any of the options that you're considering or that are "must haves"?

I know when you're buying off the lot, if you're really particular about the colour / options you want, it may be pretty difficult to get exactly what you want. You will probably have to make some compromises. If you really have your heart set on a particular combo that you can't find, then building one on the configurator and custom ordering is about the only way to go. And, I know that priorities change.

When I bought my first Boxster, it had to be silver and have a manual transmission. Other than that I didn't care about any other options. After driving and absolutely loving that car for over 7 years ( and would have kept driving it except for reasons I've talked about before on the board.) After some long hard thinking and planning, I decided I'd get, what was for my tastes, the ultimate Boxster. The only way to get it was to do a custom order.
db997S - 9 years ago
That's one of the issues. Car buying has changed completely in 20 years. My last Porsche I purchased was all done via e-mail and FedEx. Most dealers have Internet sales departments. Even if they don't call a bunch and give your must-have options. You can look up pricing online to see what people are paying or what invoice amounts are. Use that for your offer or simply take X% off MSRP. Send your options and requests with your offer to as many dealers you see fit, and see how it flies. They days of sitting at one dealer for hours negotiating a price are a thing of the past.
nobox - 9 years ago
thanks.

i've visited this site (and it's prior site before it ..) many times (enjoyed some great/funny watch, torque, oil and nitro discussions) and, thanks to you all, think i'm fairly well versed in the car, its options, S v. non-S, etc.

i didn't want to order which is why i was wondering if dealers expected more cars for '15.

it is interesting how dealers configure these.
nobox
thanks.

i've visited this site (and it's prior site before it ..) many times (enjoyed some great/funny watch, torque, oil and nitro discussions) and, thanks to you all, think i'm fairly well versed in the car, its options, S v. non-S, etc.

i didn't want to order which is why i was wondering if dealers expected more cars for '15.

it is interesting how dealers configure these.

Dealer will continue to get more cars in. Normally, the change-over to new models is around the beginning of June. So the last of the 2015, will likely be arriving at dealers in July.(figure about 6 - 7 weeks from production to delivery if you're living on the east coast.)

Usually, the sales manager, at a dealership will configure spec cars. I'm sure they all have different priorities - comfort, appearance items, performance oriented and of course profit. (Imagine what the dealer markup is on a $7K Burmeister Stereo). As a result you'll seldomly see a car with almost no options. In general, you'll likely see new cars coming in with a similar mix of options to what dealers have in stock already. When I've been in Florida, I've never been able to find a manual Porsche on the lot. Here in Ontario, dealers now have roughly 25% of their Boxsters with manuals in stock.

Happy hunting.

One other thing to keep in mind is that this could be the last year for Boxsters with Flat Sixes (unless you go with the upcoming GT4).
nobox - 9 years ago
Yup, those Sirius radio setups are weird to me. Not sure what the allure is.

I've followed the turbo4 discussions. Drove a Golf GTI stick (i think it had the PP .. may as well drive everything) and the thing could scoot. Imagine Porsche could have a lot of fun with that engine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login