Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... and that's how many Porsches will be participating at this year's 48 Hours at Sebring.
252 are registered for Club Races including day and night, sprints and enduros.
90 are registered for Advanced Solo including day, dusk and night events.
62 are registered for the Zone 12 Autocross Challenge.

If you are anywhere near Central Florida from Thursday, January 29 through Sunday, February 1, this is an event you do not want to miss.
It is not open to the general public, but if you are a PCA member or a guest of a member you are welcomed, not only as a spectator but also as a volunteer!

[www.48hoursatsebring.com]

Where else can you get up and personal to the cars and the drivers?
Everyone has access to paddocks where you can see and mingle with some of the best Porsche Club Racers as well as many Porsche Professional Drivers that bring their cars and teams from the 24 Hours at Daytona the previous weekend.
It is an incredible sight as you drive over the bridge and look at the endless numbers of trailers and team tents staged behind the grid.

On Thursday and Friday there will be action on the track from 7:00 AM through 9:00 PM.
Saturday sees track events from 6:00 AM through 6:00 PM.
Sunday - track opens at 6:00 AM and closes at 4:00 PM.

All of the races are fun to watch but you don't want to miss the super-competitive Boxster Spec Class.

If you can't make it, make sure to log-on and watch the life feeds. We install cameras on some of the top racers so you can watch live!

[www.48hoursatsebring.com]

This year we celebrate the 22nd version of the Largest Club Race in the World: The 48 Hours at Sebring PCA Club Race.
Come join us.

If you make it, stop by the Tech tents and say hi.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks for posting, Pedro. Sure wish I could be there for that event.

Really appreciate the live feeds to be able to watch it here from the frozen north.
... Just in time for halftime last night.
We had a great event.
Rented an RV this year instead of the hotel room. Quite different. Hard to sleep.
Saw some PB members including Harvey with his new Cayman R.
Got close and personal with most of the Spec Boxsters as we scrutinized them to make sure all was by the book.
Spoke with a good friend who knows someone in the know who confirmed that the GT4 will have a 3.8!
This person on the know has seen the GT4 already. Shhhh, you're not supposed to know yet. Keep the secret.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Will keep it all very hush hush. winking smiley

Harvey didn't trade his beautiful GT Silver Cayman S with Sports Suspension for an older Cayman R did he? Or am I thinking of another Harvey?
Pedro Bonilla

My S is just as fast as a "R" and that's why Pedro was confused. smiling smiley

Had it weighted at Sebring and it came in just a tad over 3K @ 3,035 lbs. And yes, the GT$ will be a detuned 3.8 ltr with 380 hp and a 6-speed with dual-mass flywheel and self-adjusting clutch tranny only (for now) to compete in the European GT class races with an estimates starting price of $89,990.

[i198.photobucket.com]
Harvey in FL
My S is just as fast as a "R" and that's why Pedro was confused. smiling smiley

Had it weighted at Sebring and it came in just a tad over 3K @ 3,035 lbs. And yes, the GT$ will be a detuned 3.8 ltr with 380 hp and a 6-speed with dual-mass flywheel and self-adjusting clutch tranny only (for now) to compete in the European GT class races with an estimates starting price of $89,990.

[i198.photobucket.com]

So if this comes to fruition, we'll have a mid-engine track car with 996 GT3 power right from the factory for under $90K--a nice thought, especially with 991 GT3 prices in the $150K range.
Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like it's covered.
Guenter in Ontario

No, It's the lighting. The 2015 Cayman has a different center cover than the 2014's. The cover has ridges, more curved and open on both sides to force more air to enter the side radiator's. You can tell by looking at the grass showing on the right side of the cover.

BTW: are you coming to Sarasota area this winter? If, so, let me know.

[i198.photobucket.com]
Harvey in FL
Guenter in Ontario

No, It's the lighting. The 2015 Cayman has a different center cover than the 2014's. The cover has ridges, more curved and open on both sides to force more air to enter the side radiator's. You can tell by looking at the grass showing on the right side of the cover.

I guess that doesn't show up on the configurator. Seems like a good idea to get more air to the radiators.

Sent you a PM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login