Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The Boxster is safely tucked away for the winter, so my experience is limited to the winter car, Honda Pilot. I just installed WAZE on my iPhone and wonder what people think of it. I would say a car charger is required because it is definitely a power hog. The GPS must be active, and the screen does not dim when in use. I would guess the feature of identifying speed traps would be of limited use since I have observed that around here the police have probably figured out that people are using WAZE and don't stay in one place for long. The main advantage would seem to be in identifying road hazards ahead from ice to accidents.
Yup, great app
Boxsterra - 9 years ago
From my experience it is surprisingly reliable about identifying hazards and police activity due to their huge user base. I have a V1 and usually don't use it any more.
Re: Yup, great app
MikenOH - 9 years ago
Boxsterra
From my experience it is surprisingly reliable about identifying hazards and police activity due to their huge user base. I have a V1 and usually don't use it any more.
+1; I rarely plug in my radar/laser detector anymore after using WAZE. On the interstates it's usually pretty accurate because of all the users.
Particularly effective with traffic cameras in areas you may be unfamiliar with.
Very good directions and decent traffic problem warnings--I just wished the advance notice on traffic trouble spots might be a bit farther out than my last experience.
Most think the police detection is really good. I don't agree. It is almost always wrong. I can't read the thing... the icons are too small and dopey... maybe better in later versions. Great concept..... doesn't work for me. I keep it on hoping I get the hang of it or it saves me but I ain't feeling the love.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
... of your general route because it's tried to tell me that my 250 mile trip to Orlando is really 700 miles by routing me to Jacksonville and Tampa.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... of your general route because it's tried to tell me that my 250 mile trip to Orlando is really 700 miles by routing me to Jacksonville and Tampa.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Jeez Pedro, it's not the WAZE. It's your Boxster! Same thing has happened to me. Ever since I bought my Boxster, the ice cream shop two blocks down the road has been a 25 mile drive away. drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login