Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
First and foremost, Pedro, thanks for putting this board together.

Here is my issue. I have a common issue with my Drive box getting soaked in the rain. I have cleaned it, dried it, and now, everything works except for my windows. Windows will not go up with the buttons, windows will not roll down when convertible is unlatched; but windows will do the small roll down down and roll up when opening and closing the door. A friend of mine has a boxster, and we pulled his CLU out of his car and swapped in mind to see if the windows would work again, which they did. Obviously the car won't start with his module; so i started thinking rather than spending a fortune on new keys, module, and reprogram, that i could buy a used module, and swap the programmed chip to the new board. I googled this and found 1 guy had questioned this before, got a response from someone who said he had done it, but would not give info beyond saying it is possible.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram of this board saying which pins control what on the two connectors. I have 2 options;

1. trace the pins related to the window operation, and find the problem ( i suspect it is a relay, but don't know which one)

2. figure which chip board contains the programming, and remove it and swap on a non soaked board.

Really, all i need is the schematics of this board, or a pin out diagram showing which pins are responsible for the windows.

I have searched and searched but found no info. Any help is appreciated. I know i can figure it out in due time, and will be happy to share my solution with the board.
Dumb question
Boxsterra - 9 years ago
Have you checked the fuse(s)? IIRC they don't disable the whole unit, just some functionality. Just a vague recollection but easy enough to check.
Bosch is very protective of their intellectual property and since the CLU and LCU are not user serviceable they do not disclose that information.
Whenever people have issues with either one of those parts they have to reverse engineer as you are doing.
I highly doubt that you will find any schematics.
I agree with your diagnosis that the problem is in the CLU. The reason the windows drop 1/4 inch when opening the door is because the micro switch on the latch does not go through the CLU. All other window functions do.
Good luck
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
thanks for the responses. Yes, I have checked all the fuses.

On the board itself, i was hoping to trace pins to a bad relay. Board aside, can someone tell me which pins/color wire on the blue connecter and black connector control the windows. Im talking about the 2 connectors that connect to the CLU Module.

any help is appreciated.
thanks
Just to clarify
Boxsterra - 9 years ago
I am referring to the one or two fuses that are on the immobilizer unit itself, not ones in the fuse box.
Hi Boxsterra,
I did check the fuse on the actual board itself, it is fine. I also checked all other fuses in the car. I have been searching for a shop manual online, but havn't had any luck. I found one for an older boxster, but i guess they are different ( i have an 03 btw). If i can access a shop manual, i can figure out which pins on the connector control the window operation, and start there in tracing what on the board is faulty. Do you by chance know of a link floating around for a shop manual for this car.
cheers.
It has two sets of wiring diagrams, including the 2003 MY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login