Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
[www.worldcarfans.com]

In GR, no less--very hot! If you click on the picture you can bring it up in High resolution for a better look.
Looks like they've rigged it up so the top / rear trunk looks like the 2011/2012 Boxster Spyder. But when you to take a close look at the pictures with the full article, the side view looks like the tent style roof is used to camouflage the actual roof which looks more like the regular 981 roof line around the side window.

[www.autospies.com]
I love the concept of the Spyder but I'm not sure that I would want to fiddle with that roof! Example at about 4:15 in video below:

[www.topgear.com]

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
The two that show the side view, it looks like there's a "regular" roof covered by the tent style roof from the 11/12 Spyder.

I know that tent style roof wouldn't be much of a problem for people in States like Florida and California where you'd hardly ever have to use the roof. It's not very practical further north. That probably partially explains why Pfaff had a new one on the lot for almost 2 years before they sold it. Having a PDK was also probably a factor in that.
... the Spyder that Walter Röhrl was referring to as his.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I think is Carmine Red and not Guards...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login