Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
901 Concept
newt - 9 years ago
Very interesting.....

[www.carscoops.com]
[www.amcarguide.com]
At least it doesn't look like whatever a Buick is supposed to be these days. Going by their latest (and obnoxious) tv campaign, nobody, including the manufacturer, seems to know what that should look like!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 08:54AM by Laz. (view changes)
I imagine it's part of looking at different elements of design for future changes.

Surprised they'd us the 901 designation. I guess there's no problem with that antagonizing Peugeot unless it's used on a production model.

Couldn't figure out why they said it was important to go back to original round headlights. There's nothing round about the lights on the concept.

Also surprised they'd have exterior rear view mirrors on a futuristic concept. Seems that rear facing cameras and interior screens will replace them for aerodynamic gains.
Re: Interesting
newt - 9 years ago
Guenter I thought the same thing about the headlights....It DOES look quite a bit like the Aerovette, especially the rear of the car. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and what the final car will look like.
newt
Guenter I thought the same thing about the headlights....It DOES look quite a bit like the Aerovette, especially the rear of the car. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and what the final car will look like.

I don't think this a design that's aimed at production. I got the impression it was just a "design exercise". It could well be that some element(s) of this design will find its (their) way into the 911's evolution.
[c2.staticflickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 03:34PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login