Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I need to make a decision on ceramic vs powder coating for my exhaust tips. I have two local guys.... one does ceramic but does not stock flat black (my choice) and another powder guy who has my color.

The powder guy denotes the range for powder as up to 250-300F.

Bonus question: I want flat black. Is this a correct color? I want the darn things to be a dull black to match the black plastic trim.

2009 C2S Coupe

Peace
Bruce in Philly
you'll most likely have opportunity to redo in ceramic shortly thereafter winking smiley
for exhaust, they do ceramic.

[www.flashfirecoatings.com]

[www.adnpowdercoat.com]

I would think the tail pipes would get pretty hot in the summer if you're really driving the car.

Maybe you've heard the story of the alien who burned his lips trying to blow up a car. winking smiley
There were two shops next to each other in MD...one powder coating and the other ceramic coating. The powder guy said to do ceramic. The ceramic guy said "you arrived at the right place".

On my Cayman it's a pain to remove from the car because they not separate from the exhaust pipe. So, I'm going to do it on the car with very high temp paint.

Here are mine from my 997:

[i198.photobucket.com]
I packed up the tips and shipping them to [ccpcoatings.com] CCP near Detroit... I am sending there based on recommendations from a few Rennlisters. I got the impression that this is not a difficult, skilled craft, to ceramic coat so I just pulled the trigger on one that appeared to have a good price: about $200 for both dual tips (2009 C2S). I talked to FabSpeed (near me outside of Philly) and they ship them out to a coater in upstate NY so I just cut out the middle man. They quoted me $250 for the same job.

My plan is to buy 18" flat-back wheels this summer or when my summer 19" tires expire. I would love to black out all of the silver trim interior and exterior on my car. I HATE these 19" wheels and compare them to silicon bags. I bent a rim last year.... first time in 30 some years of driving... I just don't get this rubber-band over a thread spool...... I don't live in the inner city nor sell drugs. I have PASM and find the springs too spongy.... I suspect Porsche softened them because of these larger wheels/lower profile tires and use the computer/shocks to do the work. I think this is a bad compromise... I want a balanced spring/shock system for performance and not a system compromised for posing. IMHO

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 09:52AM by Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S). (view changes)
about prices to ceramic coating the tips. I paid $40 for the tips in the pic above; but, that was 6 years ago. The place probably now charges $45.23.
I have them boxed and sitting in my car... I was late for the post office Saturday.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S)
I have them boxed and sitting in my car... I was late for the post office Saturday.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

I will look for his business card and send you a PM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login