Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... since I've repeated many times that they should offer the GT4 in a convertible.
Now I just need $100,000!
If just 1,000 PB members each pitch in $100 ... winking smiley
Happy Wishing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... since I've repeated many times that they should offer the GT4 in a convertible.
Happy Wishing
Pedro

I hope you can get one of those in orange.

From what I gather from the information, it's not quite a GT4 convertible. Same engine minus 10 HP. It does not have the GT 4 suspension. Since it's lowered by 20mm, I believe it has the X73 sports suspension. Looks like the top is a better design. From the pics, it looks like a manually folding (rather than construct / reconstruct) top. And, of course, it looks like it has that short shift manual transmission.
Guenter in Ontario
Pedro (Weston, FL)
Happy Wishing
Pedro

I hope you can get one of those in orange.

From what I gather from the information, it's not quite a GT4 convertible. Same engine minus 10 HP. It does not have the GT 4 suspension. Since it's lowered by 20mm, I believe it has the X73 sports suspension. Looks like the top is a better design. From the pics, it looks like a manually folding (rather than construct / reconstruct) top. And, of course, it looks like it has that short shift manual transmission.

Guenter, I'm kind of getting the feeling you're hankering for that short-shifter... grinning smiley
Roger987

Guenter, I'm kind of getting the feeling you're hankering for that short-shifter... grinning smiley

...a guy with such a self professed love of shifting would want a rod with a loooong throw, not a desire/wish/need to shorten it up, thereby reducing his perceived delight.

winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL

...a guy with such a self professed love of shifting would want a rod with a loooong throw, not a desire/wish/need to shorten it up, thereby reducing his perceived delight.

winking smiley

I've actually never understood the "bigger is better" belief that some people have. It might be true in some cases. Personally, I prefer quality and finesse over quantity.
<<>>

Human nature, being what it is, once you finally achieve the former, it's only natural to pursue the latter.

Putting your 'tool' in mothballs for half a year, doesn't your 'rod' lock up? drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Pedro (Weston, FL)
Happy Wishing
Pedro

You have said, "The next car I would be buying is a Cayman". So, are you now saying it would be a Boxster and if so, I will not believe anything you say to me in the future. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out the finger smiley the finger smiley winking smiley grinning smiley
... the side intake air scoops,the wheels and the wheel spacers of the GT4 and it won't look clumsy at all.
I'm sure they needed the extra space for the intake plenums of the 3.8L engine which won't fit under a conventional soft top so we won't see a 3.8L shod Boxster unless it's the Spyder or the Coupe.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Unless Porsche, like with certain soft-top Lamborghinis (and Ferraris?) has a lower designated maximum speed with the top up. Then again, I'd think the aerodynamic drag is higher with the top down, possibly restricting the top speed that way. That said, knowing Porsche, the top is likely very sturdy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 11:22AM by Laz. (view changes)
... is not your normal Spyder top.

[img2.autoweek.com]

Happy Spydering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Guenter in Ontario
[autoweek.com]

Wow.. Looks like Porsche is really thinking outside the "Boxster" on this special offering.thumbs up

October can't come soooon enough.

Roger: Sure will look good in GT Silversmileys with beer

MIKELLIG
BLKBOXS

October can't come soooon enough.

Roger: Sure will look good in GT Silversmileys with beer

OCTOBER!!!! What happened to April, May, June, and the rest of summer. Yikes! Did I just miss a whole Boxster driving season? eye popping smiley
Guenter in Ontario

OCTOBER!!!! What happened to April, May, June, and the rest of summer. Yikes! Did I just miss a whole Boxster driving season? eye popping smiley

Pardon me, G-man, but for 'normal' people that would be January through December winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login