Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I just replaced pads, rotors, and brake fluid and tried out my new Porter Cable 20v impact driver.

It works. I needed a new cordless system and settled on the Porter Cable stuff and am very impressed. I just couldn't see myself springing for a Bosch or Milwaukee given my expected light use. Anyway, I am very happy with these tools so far.

A short vid.....

[youtu.be]

A caution..... I used the PC driver on one of the rotor set screws and immediately stripped it. Wzzzzzzzzz! Either I didn't push hard enough on the back of the tool or it was doomed from the start. So I ran out and purchased an old-school impact driver and whacked on it with a nice hammer. It took out even the stripped screw.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
The impact screwdriver. Its a forged metal contraption that takes a phillips bit (or any other) on one end, and has a geared body. You hit it with a hammer, and a helical gear drives it INTO the crew-head, and (depending on how you have it set) counter clockwise. Consequently, it cant jump out a strip. After 1/4 turn or so, it loose. $20 at home despot, or others:

[www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com]

I put a little anti-seize on mine, and note the torque spec. 7 (seven) lb-ft. use your thumb.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Great tool
Boxsterra - 9 years ago
I always use it for rotor screws, makes removal trivial.
I had one of those manual impact drivers, and fully agree it was a great tool. When you need one, there is really no substitute. I figure I must have let someone borrow it who didn't give it back. moody smiley (The sign of a great and under-appreciated tool.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login