Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Builder codes
toliverj - 9 years ago
The builder code 473 is for front and rear spoilers on a 1983 Cabriolet. What does that include or exactly what is 473 difference from stock. My car also has the turbo look with steel fenders that I was told was from the factory. Is that part of the 473? The M491 came out in 1984 which is the code for factory turbo look install. How can I check to verify if the Turbo Look was actually a factory install in 1983. I bought the car in 1989 so at the time it was no big deal. But now the M491 is a big deal. I was told the factory did lots of dealer add-ons prior to the 1984 M491 option, My car in a European or gray market car if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any information provided.
Code 473 pertains a VERY early pre-production Boxster mule.

My sources in Stuttgart have suggested that this exceptionally rare unit may indeed be a clay model, driven only through the use of the patented aftermarket Porsche Flying Flintstone Appendage Fulcrum.

They urged extreme caution in endeavoring to open the gas tank lid, as it's likely immoveable.
Always a joker. the car is a 1983 911 SC with the Turbo Look. Lucky for me the gas tank lid opens. This forum is not a joke but a place to source real information...thanks
Welcome to the Board, toliverj.

I note this thread is your first post on PedrosBoard.

You'll find a variety of posts here - thankfully some include humour. Feel free to join in. smiling smiley

If you've spent much time here, you've probably observed this Board is predominately, but certainly not exclusively, a Boxster-related Board.

There may be someone here who can help with your inquiry. If not, there are a number of other Porsche internet boards with members who are familiar with 911's.
Thanks Rogers, I always appreciate a good joke and I thought your humor was pretty funny. I didn't know this was a Boxster-related forum. I'm just trying to find out about my car so if anyone knows where to go to find out the builder codes for a 1983 911 SC and what they exactly were i would be most appreciative.. I know the code 473 means front and rear spoilers added but I don't know what that includes. Is it just the front air dam and wing on the back lid or is there more to the addition? I'm hoping it's the fenders as well...Thanks
[rennlist.com] is where I'd start asking. This doesn't have lots of air-cooled era guys on it here.
toliverj
Thanks Rogers, I always appreciate a good joke and I thought your humor was pretty funny. I didn't know this was a Boxster-related forum. I'm just trying to find out about my car so if anyone knows where to go to find out the builder codes for a 1983 911 SC and what they exactly were i would be most appreciative.. I know the code 473 means front and rear spoilers added but I don't know what that includes. Is it just the front air dam and wing on the back lid or is there more to the addition? I'm hoping it's the fenders as well...Thanks

Some readers may have figured out the "Porsche Flying Flintstone Appendage Fulcrum" reference. The first letter of each word, together, are 'Pfaff'

[pfaffporsche.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login