Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I want to thank all the members of this forum for their help and support. I am officially out of the Porsche family as of today. A while back, I blew an engine, and decided not to replace it with another known weak engine. It was a tough decision, as the 986 was the funnest car I have owned.

Not sure exactly which part failed, but judging from the metal chunks I pulled out and the horrendous metallic clanking, it was something in the valvetrain on the driver side. Once they autopsy the engine, I will post the results. I had an LN IMS Bearing with approx 20K miles on it, so I assume it was something else.

Long story short, I posted some accessories on the for sale board. Let me know if you're interested. It may be a day or two before I respond, so please be patient.

Thanks again for the friendliest, most informative forum on the interwebs!
... leave Porschedom.
Please let us know the outcome of the autopsy.
Don't assume anything about the failure.
BTW you don't have to give up PB just because you don't have a Boxster.
Good luck
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)

VERY true cool smiley although there may be another Boxster or Cayman in my future! drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
[pedrosboard.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I've seen that Boxster and it looks very good. Reminds me of long ago, when Burg had a similar looking Boxster. His last I might point out. winking smiley

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. With the exception of the beige hoops and the shifter (mine was wood) and painted wheel crests, that is exactly like my very first Porsche--1998 Boxster, Arena Red, Savannah Beige. Back then, I had season tickets to the Redskins, so it got lots of comments on game days. Pretty close to Burgundy and Gold. That was not my intent upon optioning it. Just thought the combo was pretty stunning. Seventeen years later, that opinion has not changed.
Apparently...
Burg Boxster - 9 years ago
all those extra years in 3rd grade are finally paying off in basic math skills as I'm 99% positive you're 100% wrong.

As you know I replaced my Boxster w/ a C2S Cab... which I still own.

Whereas you my friend replaced your Boxster w/ a 991. However, you've have now replaced said 991 w/ a 95B-S.

Aside from questionable math skills (and morals grinning smiley), you're also one more P-car removed.

Throw as many cases of beer you are removed from Boxsterhood into rear hatch of said Macan and bring to BRBS where all will be forgiven smileys with beer

Or buy the car Pedro has for sale... since it's Porsche BEST color EVER! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2015 04:04PM by Burg Boxster. (view changes)
The lack of quality public education in SW PA is showing.....no matter how you count it, probably with your shoes off, when you wear them, that still leaves you TWO cars removed from your last Boxster. That you still have a C2S is irrelevant, as is the fact that you've had more non P car DD vehicles in the family as well.

Not that any of this means diddly squat.....

Beer in a Macan? Are you crazy???

Pedro (Weston, FL)
So very true. I sold my '98 986 a few years back. I still read PB almost daily! thumbs up
I need to move on. If not I will buy another, and that can't be good for the marriage! I have a 325 convertible in the garage which I have NEVER driven. (I know, right?) I'm going to focus on that as a project car for a while, and who knows? I may be back when the wounds heal from this one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login