Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have the Boxster S wheels on my car. The rear tires need to be replaced and I have scheduled that for a week from Monday. The original equipment tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 2, and that is what is mounted on the front. I have asked them to put Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on the rear. The Pilot Super Sport tires are better in every way than the PS2. I realize that I'm breaking the rule that the rear and front tires should match, but I think that in this case it's the best thing to do. I don't track the car. I could change my mind if enough people agree that the front and rear tires should match exactly.
... the fronts are in good condition you can put the Super Sports in the rear without any problem.
What you don't wan't to do is mix tires on one axle.
The Michelin Super Sports are very good tires. Too expensive IMNSHO, but very good none the less.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
The Super Sports are also cheaper than the PS2 for some reason.
... than the PS2s because Michelin chose not to have them Porsche approved (N-rating).
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login