Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Not that I would use it a lot, but when I picked up my 2013 981S in Feb 15 it worked every stop so I tuned it off most of the time. In the last few weeks, the car will not stop when system is on.

I know there are a host of conditions to be met for it to engage and I think I have met them all in testing on Sunday, but when I come to a stop the light just comes on with the yellow A and the slash through it (showing that it is not available) I have no error message. Spoke to the dealer today and he said if there is no error it is simply because one of the conditions for it to engage is not being met....he says he hears this from customers a lot and unless there is an error message he is just going to tell me one of the parameters is not being met for it to be engaged. I have not checked recently to see if the coast function is not working as well; will try that on the next dry day here in VA.

Anyone have a similar experience with their 981? Bob
I only tried it a few times in the beginning to see how it worked. I don't believe Start/Stop will work if you have it in Sport mode. It won't work if the battery is running low (heater or AC on, engine cooling fans, engine compartment fan, stereo on and SS has been on for longer periods of time).

I've used it when sitting in a lineup waiting to cross the border, but it just seems like a pain (it seems to know "better" than I do, but it's not what I want to do - if you know what I mean). With it off, I can leave the engine off and just coast down the slope of a bridge, rolling forward a car length at a time, saving gas. If I have SS turned on, every time I let go of the brake, it starts up and wastes gas. I know you I'll have to use more muscle on the brake, but I'm prepared for that.

The dealer is probably right. There are all kinds of parameters that have to be met. One time I was sitting in traffic at the border, cooling fans were on and suddenly, the engine turned on while I was sitting with my foot on the brake. I prefer to know what I want the car is going to do, not surprise me with something. I think that was the time when the A with stroke through it came on. Likely not available because there was too much of a drain on the battery.

On top of all that, my biggest concern is with all the extra wear and tear on the starter. Where you'd normally use the starter once to drive into town, depending on the route and distance, you could have the starting in action 10, 20, 30 or more times, depending on how often you have to stop.

Just my $0.02 worth.
(and correctly so) called the Long Island Parkway?

Never been on it. It's probably like the 401 driving into Toronto on any weekday - 30 miles of parked cars that move forward a car length or two every once in a while.
Parkway...
Burg Boxster - 9 years ago
Why...

- people recite at a play they play at a recital?
- do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?
- does one need a divers license to purchase booze but it's illegal to drink and drive?
- something ships by truck but we send cargo by ship?
- suits are put in a garment bag, but garments are packed in a Suitcase?
- press harder on a remote-control when we know the batteries are dead?
- is there Braille on drive-up ATM’s?
- are highways in Hawaii called interstates?
- if SUPERMAN could stop bullets with his chest, why did he always ducked when someone threw a gun at him?
- do women wear a pair of pants, a pair of glasses, and a pair of ear-rings, but do not wear a pair of bras? (for Gary)
- can vegetarians to eat Animal Crackers with a clear conscience?
- are builders afraid to have a 13th floor yet book publishers aren't afraid to have a Chapter 11?

winking smiley
Burg Boxster
Why...

- do women wear a pair of pants, a pair of glasses, and a pair of ear-rings, but do not wear a pair of bras? (for Gary)

winking smiley

Thanks.... grinning smiley

I'd prefer they all were endowed so that they didn't have to wear any!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sure....tongue sticking out smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - 9 years ago
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Well, they might wear contacts, or have laser surgery done, but yes, based of the pictures Burg posted. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 10:21AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
really really big brains!

Intellect too but it's a bonus not a requirement!

grinning smiley smoking smiley the finger smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login