Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I have been a lurker here and on the previous PPBB forever. I've been a Porsche enthusiast since I drove a 356 as a teenager, but took a 40+ year detour with M-B (I still own two). In the past year my youngest son, who apparently inherited my Porsche enthusiasm, replaced his C43 with a base Cayman. My wife and I took it for a trip in the Shenandoah last fall and decided it was time to act. While I procrastinated in the configurator and tried to decide on European delivery the same son lost patience with mesmiling smiley and located this CPO 2014 Boxster S, in our desired colors, loaded with a long list of options, most of which we were intending to order. It was a dealer service loaned so we saved a ton of money, which was nice. I was never going to order PDK (or it's predecessor Tiptronic), but after having his Cayman for several days, in the DC traffic slog, then out in the countryside, I became a believer. It's a great car!!!

Boxster S, Sapphire Blue, Blue top, 20" SportTechno wheels, PDK, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bi-Xenon headlights incl. PDL, Park Assist rear
[i1083.photobucket.com]

Black-Luxor beige two tone full leather, roll hoops painted body color, seat ventilation, Premium Package, Infotainment Package
[i1083.photobucket.com]

14 way Power Sport Seats, Sport Design steering wheel
[i1083.photobucket.com]

Our car with our son's Cayman.
[i1083.photobucket.com]
Sounds like you're glad that your son got impatient with you. grinning smiley

Looks like you got a real beauty. I really like the matching roll bars on these cars. You're lucky to get it at the beginning of the convertible season.

Hope you'll continue to post more pictures and stories of your Boxster travels.
We actually purchased the car on December 29, 2014. We dodged all the white stuff and had a great trip home with stops in Manhattan to visit our youngest daughter and Nanuet, NY to visit cousins then on to SE Virginia (Chesapeake) where we live. The weather here was OK in January and we were able to do a couple day trips when the weather was around 60 degrees. But in February things changed. The picture is from our last trip on February 8th - to the small town of Matthews, Virginia. Nice drive, cool little town. Then the white stuff started falling. Now I know for those north of the border our 6-8 inches is kid stuff, but it shuts this area down. We weren't able to drive the Boxster again until mid-March. But I do realize I have no right to complainsmiling smiley

[i1083.photobucket.com]
Where do you people live?

I go back regularly. I need a Rockland Bakery fix.
We live in Chesapeake, Virginia (SE corner of the state, south of Norfolk). My wife's cousin, Bill Lee, lives on Nanuet Avenue. It's a nice area.
... smart son.
Welcome to PB.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Very nice cars
Boxsterra - 8 years ago
Consider coming to BRBS. It's in a beautiful setting and a great chance to connect with fellow enthusiasts.

[brbs.org]
Re: Very nice cars
Vince - 8 years ago
Unfortunately we will be headed back from Texas then. We have a daughter in San Antonio and we like to head down there to visit her and do some cycling in the area. We usually take a wandering drive down and back - taking 3-4 days in each direction. We generally don't have a schedule - we just wing it and go where our curiosity takes us. We should be in the NC area around the 30th. Look for a Diamond Silver ML350 with a load of road bikes.

I have followed BRBS vicariously for years. I have a friend from MBCA that usually attends, George Orndorff. He had a 2001 Speed Yellow Boxster S that he wanted to trade with cash for my 1967 250SL. In the end he bought the SL outright in 2006 and his Boxster went to another MBCA member here in Virginia Beach. We planned some great rallies in his Boxster.
Sounds like fun
Boxsterra - 8 years ago
maybe next year.
Enjoy driving and enjoy the permagrin.

My interest in a new generation Boxster just went up a couple more notches........ eye popping smiley
Congratulations! Beautiful color.
How do you like that PASM? Do you mostly drive with it off or on?
How much of a difference does it make off or on?
PASM works great. My son's Cayman doesn't have it so I have a good way to compare the two. Going back and forth between the cars it is quite apparent that the Boxster rides noticeably better even on 20's; his Cayman is on 19's.
I realize that I didn't fully answer the questions. PASM can't be "turned off". I change settings for the shocks, sport and sport plus depending on how and where I am driving. Around town, in traffic, etc. I leave the the shocks in "comfort", sport off, transmission in auto. Out in the countryside I leave the shocks in comfort unless I feel it is safe to drive aggressively, then I put the shocks in "sport" and select sport mode. The difference between the comfort and sport mode on the shocks is subtle, but noticeable. The car feels more stable at speed on a narrow, bumpy country road with ditches on both sides, a common thing here in SE Virginia. As for the sport plus setting, I rarely use it. It is pretty aggressive and I don't think I will use it unless I am at a PCA DE event. As for the PDK, I put it in manual when I want to play, but it is pretty impressive in auto, even driving aggressively. I truly respect the engineers who diid the programming for the TCU; they did an amazing job. I don't think any other manufacturer has come close.
Hmm .. that wouldn't happen to have been you driving south on the Memorial Bridge the other day was it?

Was on a run .. heading back into DC when I caught this very sharp blue Boxster coming my direction. That color really stands out (nicely).
No, it wasn't me. We do have two sons living in DC and are up there quite a bit though.
Bob

Fredericksburg VA
2013 S
Congrats! Very nice! Love the two tone interior as well as the exterior.

991 'S'
www.autodermatology.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login