Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hi Folks

Decided to finally join and say hello rather than just reading all the posts...

I have been using Pedros site for quite some time and have done quite a few repairs to my 986 as a result of reading the DIY section of main site www.pedrosgarage.com

You must have many many owners from all over the world on here..

I have plenty of questions to ask and look forward to hearing from you all..

cheers
james

Ps its 6.30 in the morning here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 01:56AM by banzia. (view changes)
Nice to have someone from across the pond join us here on Pedro's Board. And you do join a group from around the world that gathers here to share ideas and help about our cars.

Thanks for posting a picture of your car. It looks great. We'd love to hear more about how you got into Porsche ownership.

And since you've been reading posts for a while, you know that questions are always welcome.
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
... It's good to have you unlurked.
I love the way the 986 looks with the aluminum hardtop.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
[www.carpictures.com]

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I just got back from a 10-day journey through Scotland. We had a great time. You live in a great "country" with some awesome roads to drive your Boxster, but the UK has a fixation with speed cameras. Hope I won't be getting a nasty collection notice in the mail from the revenue collectors. Unfortunately, I was in a desiel Ford Focus hatch, not a Boxster. It's still a nice car and fun to drive, but just not a Boxster, as my wife reminded me constantly that I wasn't driving my car smiling bouncing smiley. We started in Edinburgh, then went up to Peterhead (Aberdeenshire) to find the house where my wife's grandfather lived as a kid before emmigrating to the US as a 21-year old. Did the lake (loch in your vocabulary) country, over to Isle of Skye, then through Stirling on the way back to Edinburgh. All toll, we drove just shy of a 1,000 milies on the wrong side of the road. My wife only had to remind me twice that I needed to be on the leftside of the road. Luckily, it was in the more rural areas.
... you may be able to enjoy it soon at a grocery store near you.

[www.bbc.com]

Happy Haggis'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Instructions for making your haggis from scratch.

[o.canada.com]
... eating haggis made in Canada would be like driving a Porsche made in the USA.
I'm sure they would both be made to the OEM standards, but it just wouldn't be the same.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Watch out for the Haggis DIY, the factory may slap you with a cease-and-desist order and have you take all information off your Web site.
Supposedly made by a real life Scot too.

I would have to search to find it though....
While it's not my cup 'o whiskey, like most food, it can be quite good or quite bad. freshly made with good ingredients, as in the little pub near Edradour, it was pretty good. Spicey, with fresh meat (well meat-like stuff) notes in a grain base... Another time i had what amounts to pre-made, likely microwaved "fast haggis". It was even more horrible than you might imagine.

I never had bad whiskey though, but can tell some great stories.

Welcome to the gang!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Thanks guys for the welcome much appreciated!

Just about to head out to work, I drive a landrover 110 through the week so you can imagine the feeling when I get in the boxster at the weekends....

Yeah Scotland is a nice place apart from the weather, I remember when I was a kid asking my mother, "why does it always rain on a saturday" haha

So is Canada and the US, never visited maybe need to change that..

Speed cameras are an issue here, but most of us have warning devices that have their locations. I dont speed alot though, to many cars on the roads maybe the odd burst here and there , good to get on the motorway at night though..

I have never liked haggis, prefer fish and chips...lol

j
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login