Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Anyone using PFC 08 comp pads and if so can they take OEM sensors? Just curious...

Otherwise I'll let y'all know in a few days when mine arrive winking smiley

Thanks in advance!
a costly PITA for people who actually check the condition of their car regularly, as i'm sure you do.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I have to change tires anyway for track time. I have tied the senors wires back out of the way with electric wire ties which Pedro taught me.
None of my cars have the sensors hooked up... I'm too meticulous to wait for the idiot light to come one.
The sensor and wire unplugs at the suspension upright. Unplug it, take it off, cut off the sensor leaving and inch or two of the two wires. String the ends, and either twist or wire-nut together, and wrap with shrink wrap. Easy to un-do. No mess wires. Nice.

Grant

Grant

My sensors have long been "benched" (i clipped, shorted and double or triple shrink/shrank wrapped years ago). Pagid's I am moving from do NOT take sensors as most know. However, I couldn't find details regarding PF yet keep hearing P-car owners are moving over in droves. Apparently, in addition to being considerably cheaper, they have better performance bite/heat/wear vs RS29 and are less street chirpy. Nice bonus for us w tracks w/i a few miles helping us not disturb neighbors at the butt crack of oh dark thirty. Apparently chirpy brakes PLUS Fabspeed setup makes for mucho conversation at block parties as I'm told by our HOA president grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Anyhow, while awaiting arrival I was, as stated, just curious............
Burg Boxster
Apparently chirpy brakes PLUS Fabspeed setup makes for mucho conversation at block parties as I'm told by our HOA president grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Well, I guess you could cut that conversation in half if you didn't use the brakes in the neighbourhood. Might require a little more compression braking though. winking smiley
I was talking to Porterfield recently, considering R4s, PFs or RS29s. I decided to try the RS-4s first. We shall see.

RS29s are expensive, noisy, and have little cold bite (not a huge issue). I'm just looking for alternatives.

I'll report back too, but it may be a couple of months before i get mine in and use them on track.

Grant

Grant

My local performance shop (Race Werks in Virginia Beach) recommended PFC 08's for track use in my 986 Boxster S. He did not say they are the only way to go, but apparently they are well liked here in VB....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login