Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
A Frame nuts
banzia - 8 years ago
Hi Guys,

Really enjoying reading all about your fun runs..

I have an issue and was wondering if anyone has come across it... When we put the hood up on the 986 it locates in brackets which are located on both corners of the A frame, or corners at top of windshield..

The brackets themselves are held in place by two set screws that screw into what looks like captive nuts within the body..

My issue is that the passenger side bracket is loose and the screws will not tighten,looks like the nuts are possibly stripped, they will not tighten... The result is that my hood or hard top is not fully pulled equally down onto front seal.

Can these nuts be replaced, is it a big job?

Cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 01:15AM by banzia. (view changes)
Nut job
Boxsterra - 8 years ago
This is a common problem. Those nuts are made out of some sort of plastic material and if they are overtightened they can split.

The proper fix is to put in metal nutserts, which is fairly easy to do.

Mike Focke did a thorough writeup on this. Once completed they are quite solid.

[sites.google.com]
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Most of my site is due to the librarian in me. I'd just grab the topics I thought were best answered by a detailed reference. Too many individual answers lead to burnout and then the info is lost to all but the most diligent searcher. I do give credit to the original author.

To be honest, I had forgotten I even had that one.

As I said to another contributor, if we all contribute what we can ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login