Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I am looking at ordering a new Boxster GTS. Sales rep is telling me that there is no price discount for GTS'. IMHO this is BS as the GTS is primarily a packaging exercise with a couple extra stickers and a couple extra plastic bits on the front and back. I seem to recall that others have been able to negotiate 5-7% discounts from MSRP on ordered Boxsters. If anyone has ordered a new car recently, can you please advise on what level of discounting you were able to negotiate. TIA!
It doesn't matter what others are getting, it matters what a dealer is willing to take. If your local dealer isn't dealing, hit the internet. I purchased my last car (997 S Cab) that way. None of my local dealers were dealing. Simply sent separate e-mails to each with exactly what I was looking for and exactly what I was willing to pay for it. This was at the depth back in 2009. I was seriously lowballing, too. All it takes is that one to say yes (mine was a CT dealer in November). I did the similar thing in 2002 (used phone instead of e-mail, though), but didn't have to cast my net as wide. One of several of our area dealers was willing to play. I'd think Atlanta would have a couple of Porsche dealers to choose from. If not, start circling out from Atlanta until one bites. You may find that none are willing, though. Summer is here and the GTS is one of those limited production cars Porsche pumps out. Usually, you are already getting some goodies for "free" based on a similarly optioned car on your own. Also, you are getting near the end of the model year, so your time is limited. Maybe you can find a dealer that still has slots left and doesn't want to get stuck with a 2015 car come July. Good luck.
Thanks db
jg wnc - 8 years ago
There are 2 dealers in ATL and I have contacted both. One of them messed up the initial contact and has been aggressive in wanting to make it up to me. We'll see. And the other is quoting a June build for July delivery of a 2016 model. I believe that the configurator has been updated for 2016's. If I don't like what I hear from the local guys, then I will cast my net wider. Thanks for the input.
Re: Thanks db
db997S - 8 years ago
Good luck. This may be my last car. Simply hate the process of buying a car..
It's not so much that I dislike car shopping, but that I don't see myself following Porsche down the road of increased reliance on expensive to replace/repair electronics and turbo four cylinder power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 10:13AM by SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans). (view changes)
>> I don't see myself following Porsche down the road of increased reliance on expensive to replace/repair electronics and turbo four cylinder power.

Actually, it might be your last volume production car as well as each and every large manufacturer is heading in that exact direction, as driven by safety and fuel efficiency regulations.

Perhaps a kit from a small manufacturer (which skirts the regulation by selling 'kits') might fill the bill? [www.factoryfive.com]
Not necessarily a bad idea, but I don't have the time for it. If I had to replace my car due to unforeseen circumstances, I'd be looking for a good used 981 most likely.
5-7% off MSRP on a GTS would be astounding...but good luck! It's a wonderful vehicle.

Of course even finding an allocation, always at MSRP, on a GT4 would also be astonishing.

Good luck!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Car is supposed to be here mid June.

Order Type

Vehicle Status

Price Type

KF - Customer Vehicle

V210 - Change Freeze Point

reached

Retail

MTYP MY Color C-No. VIN Comm. No. SC Cur.

Pos. MTYP/Option Text Retail Price

1 981330 Boxster S

2 2Y Carrara White Metallic

3 6V Roadster Top in Brown 0.00

4 UZ Leather Interior in Luxor Beige

5 406 19" Cayman S Wheels

6 446 Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest

7 475 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

8 541 Seat Ventilation

9 546 Supplemental Safety Bars in Exterior Color

10 636 ParkAssist (Front and Rear)

11 748 Power Folding Side Mirrors

12 840 SportDesign Steering Wheel

13 852 Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

14 P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

15 P9B Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats

16 P9G Infotainment Package with BOSE

® Surround Sound System

17 XHP Seat Belts in Luxor Beige

18 CAC Rear Side Air Intakes Painted
Very nice build !!! Well done!

And $5k is what I'd consider a good/reasonable break off MSRP.
Didn't get as much discount at ff42 (btw, the number I ran for 15 years on my FF was 44), but at least it was some concession. No date yet for build or delivery of a 2016.

Here's the specs:
2016 Boxster GTS Triple Brown (Mahogany Metallic/Espresso Natural Leather/Brown Top)
Manual Transmission
Sport Suspension
18 Way Sport Seats with Heating and Ventilation (part of Premium Package Plus)
Infotainment System
Porsche Enter and Drive (Keyless entry and operation)
20" Carrera S Wheels
GTS includes lots of stuff including Sport Exhaust, Sport Chrono, Porsche Dynamic Lighting (Litronic), and some other knick knacks.....
Sweet MoG !!!
Roger987 - 8 years ago
That's a beauty !!!
... I love Natural Brown Leather interiors.
Very cool jg.
Happy Waiting,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That sound like a real winner! You're going to love how that car handles with the Sports Suspension.

Manual transmission. OK, so you LOVE the art of driving. smileys with beer

Sounds like a Grand Slam of a car. Having trouble sleeping while you're waiting yet???????????

Congrats on configuring a real driver's car. It will be a real blast to drive.
Re: Oh BOY!
jg wnc - 8 years ago
Thanks Guenter! I acctually want to ride in your car sometime at BRBS. As expected, the dealer has no cars in stock anywhere near that spec, so I configured based on your input to this forum and very positive reviews from magazines.

The dealer is one of the highest volume Boxster dealers in the U.S., and at this time they have no build slots for 2016 Boxsters, so it is a bit early to start losing sleep. He estimates it will be 120 days, but it could easily be longer. Or it could be shorter. The good news is that I already have a Boxster that I can drive any time I want! cool smiley
jg atl
Thanks Guenter! I acctually want to ride in your car sometime at BRBS. As expected, the dealer has no cars in stock anywhere near that spec, so I configured based on your input to this forum and very positive reviews from magazines.

The dealer is one of the highest volume Boxster dealers in the U.S., and at this time they have no build slots for 2016 Boxsters, so it is a bit early to start losing sleep. He estimates it will be 120 days, but it could easily be longer. Or it could be shorter. The good news is that I already have a Boxster that I can drive any time I want! cool smiley

..hmmm. I think a ride can be arranged. Ya never know, we might even be able to find a curve or two around LS. winking smiley I know that I was lucky enough to have a chance to drive the only 981S with Sports Suspension in Canada at the time. That dealer now, usually has 3 or 4 Boxsters with the X73 suspension in stock.

I was also lucky with the time frame, which was part of the reason I bought the car earlier than I was originally planning. I completed the deal on May 16 and the car went into production June 10.

I've got the specs for mine on my Hobby website.
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Hopefully it be an Aug-Sept delivery.

Best regards, -rick.
And, btw, I couldn't be happier for you, JG. Congrats in advance on your imminent purchase. Fyi, I'm still enjoying my '00 Boxster S!

Best regards, -Rick.
I'd love to be there for its inaugural Blood Mtn run smiling smiley

Clam
Sounds like a good excuse to cut one loose!
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Pretty good deal, but I like my spec better. This one is a slightly higher MSRP - hard to tell what they added that I didn't - for sure the wheels that I don't really like. And the selling price is about the same as mine. But it would be a good data point, if I hadn't already signed the paperwork.
I was taking my 02S in to get the emissions inspection done, and it decides to dump its coolant all over the road. Guess it knew its days with me were numbered.

I expected the problem to be one of the ususal suspects - coolant tank or water pump, but it turned out to be a water valve that sits on top of the tiptronic tranny had busted apart. That sucker was almost impossible to get to. Thank heavens for the cable operated hose clamp pliers. Diagnosis and repair took 6 hours, with me laying on top of the rear trunk most of the time. Uggghhhhh!
Check out the discounts being offered during a 3 day sale -- ends today -- at Stevens Creek Porsche in Santa Clara CA. Caymans at $10K off of list. (I recall back in April 2009 I was able to buy a new 2008 Cayman S at $12K off of list, so these low prices are not that uncommon). Other models have large discounts too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login