Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
After BRBS on the way home we decided to stay for 3 nights in Harrisburg, PA. Looking for suggestions regarding restaurants with quality food and affordable golf courses to play in and around Harrisburg/Hershey. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
It's about 90 minutes east and a bit north of Harrisburg, but Vegan Treats in Bethlehem, PA, is an outrageous bakery. You'd be amazed at the baked goods, and never know that they are made without any animal products, including butter, milk and/or eggs. They are so delicious, you wonder why any bakery would use animal products in their baked goods. If you have a sweet tooth, I'm telling you, this place is to die for, even if you aren't a veganvegetarian.
Interestingly, Richard is the head pastry instructor at the Culinary Institute of Canada. The best restaurants in town offer his desserts on the menu. I've never asked him for any recipes; I'm guessing they're secret (and I'd not have a clue what to do with them, in any event).
Good luck...... Harrisburg is in the middle of nowhere. I drive past there 3 or 4 times a year driving from Philly to family in western PA and would like to know about a good restaurant.... absolutely beautiful drives around there as PA is really a beautiful state..... But as Carville said "Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between". This is where Pennsylvania Dutch country is actually German because "Deutsch" sounded like "Dutch" but that is really "Holländisch".... hmmmm.......

If you are heading up 322 (a stunning drive), you should stop in a State College PA, Penn State (I went there) and you will find good food and wonderful little college town. Since Harrisburg is the seat of the Commonwealth, there should be some good stuff there as the money just pours in... however I was not lucky and finding the best there. Check out any of the State Parks near there as the country is just beautiful....better to head north into the mountains just north of the city.

Hershey Country Club has three fantastic courses... you will have to call them as I don't think it is open to the public.

Peace,
Bruce in Philly
thanks for your response and suggestions. Will let you know if I find some interesting places to eat, dood and simple food that is what I'm looking for. thanks again
Usually we're so beat that we just hit the hotel and crash. It's pretty quiet there on Sunday night. One year we wandered down into the downtown section near the river and found a cluster of restaurants with several open and had a great dinner. Sorry it's was a long time ago but the area had interesting looking shops/restaurants. I'd like to hit Troegs Brewery in Hershey but timing might be tough. Sorry not a lot of help.

You're welcome to caravan with our group on the way back. We usually have some of the VA/NYC gang heading home.

We're already starting to get our stuff together. Leaving Sunday morning!

-Rey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login