Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Our 2001 Boxster performed flawlessly on the trip to BRBS this year but strangely the windshield washer stopped spraying on the trip back. I figured that I had neglected to fill the reservoir but once home I found that the fluid was ending up on the garage floor when I sprayed. Both nozzles appear to be blocked. I cannot blow any air by mouth thru either. I have removed them and have them soaking in vinegar overnight. Anyone else encounter this?

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
I just tried shooting compressed air thru the nozzles and now I realize they take more pressure than can be supplied by mouth! They appear to be flowing ok. I think the problem is a leak in the bulkhead connector where the line enters the wheelwell area where the reservoir is located. Tomorrow I will pop off the fender liner and take a peek.
That's what the problem usually is. Happened on my 01 too. Pop the wheel well liner on the driver's side and look up in there. Most likely, the hose came loose off the nipple. Just re-attach and secure it with a small hose clamp.
Yup that was it. Line had popped off the nipple inside the fender liner. Easy fix!
why the roads between BRBS and home were so clean. winking smiley

Glad it was an easy fix, Chris.
I think they were so clean due to the torrential rain we encountered from just north of Pittsburgh to just about all the way home. But the first half of the drive was great, sunny and top down!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 08:19PM by Crooster. (view changes)
Crooster
I think they were so clean due to the torrential rain we encountered from just north of Pittsburgh to just about all the way home. But the first half of the drive was great, sunny and top down!

You must have been just in front or behind us. We had the same stuff. Cleaned most of the bugs and brake dust off the car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login