Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hallo, my first post from the (unusually!) sunny UK.

I have a 2002 Boxster and today here in the UK it was finally warm so wanted to put my top down. As I pressed the button, all went normally and I heard the motor going. But then the tone slowed, sounded laboured so I stopped. I closed and retried, same result. I then got out, had a look and I noticed that the flap at the back wasn't opening on the right hand side. Has anyone any ideas what's gone wrong? Thanks.
there is are two cables -- one per side -- that are used to open the clamshell and I suspect the one on the side that is not opening properly has some loose or somehow failed.

Be careful. If you are not you can crease/damage the clamshell.
... is moving equally well on both sides, but not the clamshell then there is probably a broken socket or arm.
One motor with two cables, one on either side moves two transmissions, one on either side to which the top and the clamshell attach via sockets.
If one breaks, your symptoms happen.
Look at the side that's working correctly and compare to the side that's not.
I'm sure you'll see what went wrong.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
MarcW

They say that if you don't put your top down for down for a full twelve months, you need to register it as a Caymanwinking smiley

I am quoting Toop Geer.

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login