Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Radio codes
Alberta Alex - 8 years ago
Howdy,
It has been too long since I was last on the board. Ever since I bought my 997TT I've been hanging out at other places.
My neighbour has an '02 Boxster S. He let his battery die this winter and now his radio doesn't work. He bought the car used without a code. How does one go about getting the proper code for his radio?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Alex
Re: Radio codes
Crooster - 8 years ago
Sometimes it is written down inside the front trunk hood...
renntech.org has a FAQ on how to get the radio serial number and a very specific forum posting where you post the serial number and they return you a very probable code.

I've also seen it written inside the maintenance record book. Mechanics often do that to make it easy for them to find it the next time.
Re: Another way
MarcW - 8 years ago
I used this way a few weeks back. Worked like a charm. Kudos to renntech.org (I am a contributing member) and the guy who replies with the code.
Thanks a bunch.
My dealer also said that he can get the code once he knows the serial number of the radio, i.e. remove the radio and peak at the back of it.
I will pass this info onto my neighbour.
Alex
Depending upon the model of radio one can get the code by some combination of button presses.

A google search should have the link to this info: It resides in -- at least I found it in -- a thread on renntech.org.
As there is also a Java app on a web site somewhere that provides several "likely" radio unlock codes when you input the required Porsche radio model and ID (serial?) number. (I think this is what the folks on the rentech thread use.)
Doesn't seem to be a big market in hot Porsche radios so I'm not worried that a radio code is relatively easy to obtain. I used the renntech.org way as I was too lazy to search out my Boxster file and look up the code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login