Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Alarm going off
Crooster - 8 years ago
A couple of times now the alarm in my 986 has tripped when the car is sitting in the garage. A recent scan showed these codes:

33 Passenger compartment monitoring sensor faulty
60 central locking limit position lock not reached

The first is obvious, the interior infrared motion sensor in the dome light area. Anyone know what the second refers to?

For now I am locking the car with a double press on the remote which apparently disables the interior sensor.

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Have you checked that the center console is snapped shut? If I recall, that could trigger an alarm in the 986.
Check the glove box too.
From what I recall of my 986s (1998 and 2002) is you get a horn beep if the center console was not shut completely. I do recall getting several of those, but no alarm. For the interior sensor, I'm wondering if it is the top latch microswitch. On the 986s, you were able to get a red clip to put in the latch for when the top was down to deactivate the interior sensor so the alarm would not go off if a bird flew the cabin, etc. It could be having issues, somehow. Or, maybe a critter has found their way inside the car somehow. Could even a moth be abel to set it off? electrical gremlins are always the hardest mysteries to solve. Good luck.
No glovebox in a 2001, unfortunately. The centre console could be it as I did open it recently. I guess I will just see if it reoccurs without the interior sensor armed. Thanks!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2015 08:57AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login