Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Drying out the water that has seeped into the drivers-seat area of my 986 and possibly fouling the security module (see previous message), I've found a part that looks like it might be a plug whose absence might have caused the leak, I think. It is a plastic disk, about an inch or so in diameter with a roughed surface and a screw tip on the other side, although I can't figure out where to screw it in. Is this some sort of plug that could be the source of my troubles does anyone know?

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
JackintheBoxster
Drying out the water that has seeped into the drivers-seat area of my 986 and possibly fouling the security module (see previous message), I've found a part that looks like it might be a plug whose absence might have caused the leak, I think. It is a plastic disk, about an inch or so in diameter with a roughed surface and a screw tip on the other side, although I can't figure out where to screw it in. Is this some sort of plug that could be the source of my troubles does anyone know?

Do you have a picture?
I don't think there's a drainage plug. There are drain holes that have a rubber gromet with a hole in the middle and a drain hose attached. You should check from time to time to make sure they don't get plugged with pine needles and leaves. That will cause water to get into the cabin.
and you'll find a diagram of the drains locations. I believe interior wetness is most likely from clogged rear drains-an easy fix. Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login