Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I need the gas pedal overlay/extender - not the brake or clutch, though i'm willing to take a set to get what i need.

Basically, once i went to true race brake pads, the effort required on the pedal fell so substantially that i cannot H&T as smoothly and easily as i'd like.

Primarily i need to bring the pedal closer to the vertical plane of the brake when depressed. Hence, i can't use the brake extender (it would raise the brake pedal).

Anything of decent quality should be OK.

if no luck, has anyone used any of the cheapie aluminum sets sold on ebay for between $42 and $69 bucks?

TIA,

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I have the extension plate for sale; but, you will also need the Rennline gas pedal to go with it. The extension is $20 + shipping. It was from my 997.

[www.rennline.com]

[www.rennline.com]
Its quite costly. Looking for an entire used assembly, or if not, likely a $50-60 kit on ebay.

An aluminum plate is not all that complex.

Grant

I used the wings pedal on that car.... I didn't give it to you because I thought it would fit on the next one.

I worked perfectly although I would remove it when I went to the track as braking pressures there lined them up fine. I think they may be out of business... but if you can find one, it was the best and highly adjustable. I now have a Rennline pedal with the side attachment. I am very pleased and it is pretty darn adjustable.

They have a few types and finishes. [www.rennline.com]

Peace
Bruce in Philly
of course, you might not recognize her at first glance....

Grant

I still see the V1 power cord hanging right of the mirror!

Have a blast with it!!!!

Peace
Bruce in Philly
.... is "my g-force gauge"

Grant

If anyone's interested, here's what i did.

I took the pedal off my street/AXcar and put it in the Track Rat. Bon.

Along the way i made an exterior and drilling template.

I went to the local Hardware store, and found a piece of scrap plexiglass ~ 3/8", that was sufficiently flexible that it will be tough, rather than strong and brittle (or so i guess).

used my angle grinder to make a pedal overlay about 5/8" larger than the pedal, all to the left. Drilled per template and installed with self-tapping screws. I may replace the two upper ones with bolts, washers and nuts.

No conclusion on how it works until i drive it a bit more, and at least once "in anger" which will be tomorrow at the NNJR-PCA Autocross. Considering how little pressure a gas pedal requires, and how little it extends unsupported, i don't see any issue.

Another option that i am told the Weissach guys do all the time is take an old pedal, cut it off the assembly, and place it directly on the existing one, changing the plane.

Cost: $0.35

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login