Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hi all,

The first Cayman GT 4 in the US was shown at the Parade. Had a few options. $104000. Also a Mecan Turbo at $135000. $60000 in options.

Charles Navarro ( LN Engineering) did a good presentation on oils.

I was second in the early 911 tech quiz. My wife was first in the woman's early 911 tech quiz.

Great Parade with some good Porsche roads.

Boxster S ,heavily loaded, got 26.8 mpg overall for the trip from NH and return. Heavy rain most of the way out.
On the way to French Lick, it developed an issue. In Ohio it began to refuse to respond to the gas pedal just off idle and spit back through the intake. Intermittent of course. 38000 miles. Starts and idles OK. Above about 1200 rpm it's OK. Usually happens when starting up from a stop.
No check engine light. Bad tank of gas? It seemed a little better yesterday. I'll hook up the PSE 2 as soon as it stops raining.
Any ideas?

Ed B cool smiley
I beieve Akemi won her class in AX and they both were...2nd? in the COncours.

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I think we did. It's hard to remember everyone with over 1100 Porsche pushers there.

Ed B
Murray and Akemi were sitting at our table at the Concours banquet ... small world! Very nice couple.
Here's a couple snaps of my '99 at West Baden ... the only forest green Boxster at parade this year.
Round trip from Montreal with an excursion to Churchill Downs ... no issues with the car.
Luck was on my side this time ... won two door prizes and the odo turned 77777 miles during the trip!

... air management issue.
I would start by looking at a broken or loose intake hose downstream of the MAF or at the MAF itself.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro,

That would be my guess too. I did pull a P1133 code. Could be converter gaskets. I didn't have new ones when I changed the IMS bearing. Hadn't had a chance to change them.I just ordered some.

Ed B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login