Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... Guenter, do you love silver Porsche Boxsters?
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... Guenter, do you love silver Porsche Boxsters?
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

I would have to be honest and answer yes. cool smiley

Each of those three models has a special significance for me. The last one has been really difficult to find, specially in a 1:18 scale. To find it in GT Silver was a real bonus.
What's with that front tire?
TheFarmer
What's with that front tire?

No problem with it. Just double checked. It's at 32 psi.
I have other P cars in smaller and larger scale. cool smiley

My Boxster concept seems to have the same suspension issue. Not one silver car though.

Here is part of mine. I can't be Jay Leno - so I collect 1/18th models. Hopefully a new 919 will arrive in the post office next week!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Decades ago, when my eyes could focus almost to the tip of my nose, and my hands were rock steady, I built a Lamborghini Countach model, maybe 1/14 scale, if there is such a thing. Magazine photos were used to get engine details right, like brass pieces and maroon distributor caps and spark plug wire plugs. The dial instrument increments and needles were fine-sable-brush painted. The dials were maybe 4 mm in diameter. Doors, suspension, and steering worked. Over the years the model got damaged to the point I couldn't "tolerate" the imperfection so I threw it away, which I regret. Don't even have a photo of it.
Laz
Decades ago, when my eyes could focus almost to the tip of my nose, and my hands were rock steady, I built a Lamborghini Countach model, maybe 1/14 scale, if there is such a thing. Magazine photos were used to get engine details right, like brass pieces and maroon distributor caps and spark plug wire plugs. The dial instrument increments and needles were fine-sable-brush painted. The dials were maybe 4 mm in diameter. Doors, suspension, and steering worked. Over the years the model got damaged to the point I couldn't "tolerate" the imperfection so I threw it away, which I regret. Don't even have a photo of it.

Ah yes. impetuousness of youth. Although it wasn't quite as detailed as your Lamborghini, I had a model 1958 Corvette. Still the best looking US sports car / roadster. After 1962, they just got too big. It had the same fate as your Lmabo. Wish now that I'd fixed and kept it.
Along similar lines, many years ago, my sister, who has always been great at 'getting rid' of things, was busy cleaning out my parents attic, when she came upon a bunch of car models I'd built as a kind....

You know the rest of the story....
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 06:54PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login