Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I am driving our 1974 MGB until I get delivery of the 2016 Boxster (Agate Grey Metallic w Grey Interior).
http://www.greatvalleyhouse.com/MGB/

The 2012 went to a happy Houston Texas buyer. I sent him the link to Pedro's Board.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 11:16AM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
Congratulations on the sale of your 2012 Boxster and on the birth of your 2016.

Happy waiting.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Seems that they conveniently ran out of EVERYTHING except black and beige. I wanted a blue interior, but that one is gone at every level. If I want grey, I now must order full leather; a $2,950 up-charge.

You were very lucky to slip in before this unannounced change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 10:26AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
It was blue partial leather @ $500 extra. Now, I guess, it's gray full leather for only a $2,950 up-charge.

It's only money. winking smiley

Gary in SoFL
n/t

Just tying to maintain their world-class margins, Gary winking smiley.
Having said that--one heck of a bump if you were looking for a blue,platinum or agate interiors
Great choice in colors! winking smiley Same as my 2013 S.

I also had a 1974 MGB (which I had kept it) - although mine was an early 74 model with chrome bumpers.

mike

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Congrats Jeff. I can't even get a projected build date for my GTS that that has been on order for 7 weeks. Not having much luck finding out anything from Porsche or the dealer. Bummer!
the mid 1990's he sold me a 944 S2 and since then he has sold me four of the five Boxsters I have bought. His name is Eric Exley at Porsche of Conshohocken just north of Philly. On this purchase another dealer quoted me late October delivery while Eric was able to make it late August or early September. He or Stuttgart has since improved that to early August. On my last car he was the one that was able to find a Macadamia Metallic (brown) Boxster that I wanted. He also managed a courtesy trade in for me on this latest deal where, once I found a buyer and agreed a price, he handled the transaction such that we all met in his office and the title went to Porsche Conshohoken and they transfered it to the buyer and I got the purchase price as a trade in on my buyers order. That saved me over $2000 in sales tax.
More experience than luck. Good for you!

I am told that there have been no GTS build slots allocated for 2016's and that I am first in line when they are allocated. I have no idea how many GTS orders they need to have to schedule production, but I presume that is what I am waiting on. The whole thing seems pretty passive to me, and I have tried to encourage the sales rep and the dealer to make some waves, but so far the pond is completely calm and we are standing there with our hand up waiting form someone in Zuffenhausen to recognize us. I have no idea if the dealer or PCNA can do anything.
On the weekend, after a fair bit of back and forth, a Porsche dealer put forward his best offer - a whopping $1800 off a 2016 Boxster S build configuration, with a purchase price of over 93,000 hard-earned Canadian dollars.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but that 'offer' doesn't quite make me feel compelled to break out the crowbar and pry open my wallet.
2% off on an ordered car is really chump change.

Looks like the conversion rate CD$ vs. US$ is 1.27; that would make it look to be around 75K is US$-- a bit high but not crazy for a BS. Any idea why the CD$ is down so much vs. the US$?

BTW,have you ever looked into bringing in a used US car?
MikenOH
2% off on an ordered car is really chump change.

Looks like the conversion rate CD$ vs. US$ is 1.27; that would make it look to be around 75K is US$-- a bit high but not crazy for a BS. Any idea why the CD$ is down so much vs. the US$?

BTW,have you ever looked into bringing in a used US car?

The drop in oil prices (not gas prices - they've gone up. confused smiley ) has effected our markets. Quite a few job losses because of dropping demand for Canadian oil, which is more expensive to extract. That's one of the main reasons for the drop in the Canadian $.

The drop in the dollar also makes it much more expensive to import a used car from the US. A $50,000 USD car will cost about $64,000 CDN + import duties and taxes, it will end up somewhere around $70,000 CDN. A new Boxster S lists at $72,000 in Canada. I know that Roger has those figures down better than I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2015 01:00PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
We got 6% off a 2013 BS in 9/2012 through the regular negotiating processs. From what I've read on this and other forums, 4-6% was typical.
buying a US car
Roger987 - 8 years ago
Hey Mike.

My last 3 cars - a BMW 5 series, my 987 (both lost in the fire this winter) and my current Allroad were all pre-owned cars from the USA, (Texas, Georgia and California), which I imported.

A well-equipped US 2013 981S runs about $60k US, or $78k Canadian, plus 6.1% duty (and then the same 14% sales tax that applies to any car purchase here - US import or Canadian car).

The CDN dollar is actually holding up reasonably well globally, but the US dollar is very strong - your economy is doing well, and, as Laz notes, it's a strong safe haven. To the extent our $ has fallen off vis-à-vis the US $, a lot of it is the huge drop in crude oil price.
Roger987
A well-equipped US 2013 981S runs about $60k US, or $78k Canadian, plus 6.1% duty (and then the same 14% sales tax that applies to any car purchase here - US import or Canadian car).

Hey Roger,

I don't know when this is going to happen...not soon enough I would image...most likely when the US and Canadian $s hit par.smiling smiley

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

MIKELLIG
Yes, you're right, Mike - in about 6 years, when the CDN $ once again reaches parity with the US $
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login