Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
[pedrosgarage.com]

Happy Turboing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
....be a mid year change. More likely, from what I've been told, is the 2017 MY will cut over early, like April, and that will be that for non turbo Boxster & Cayman engines. sad smiley

I'm really considering a 2016 2.7L, 6MT, Cayman 'R' winking smiley that I neither need nor have garage space for. smoking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
That's according to PCNA CEO, Matthias Müller. Just read that in the July Panorama page 24.

If by "mid 2016" they mean late May, June, they would likely start producing them sometime around March to have a supply of these models in dealer hands when they go on sale.

So if you're thinking of ordering a Boxster / Cayman with a flat six. Better make sure you get an order in for production by very early 2016 at the latest.
Huh?
grant - 8 years ago
(what's your vector Victor?)

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Though not confirmed, projected build in September with delivery in October.
... the brakes on a Cayman GTS.
Two-piece 380 mm front rotors with 6 piston calipers and two-piece 350 mm rear rotors with OEM calipers with spacers.
Castrol racing fluid.
Happy Waiting
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
... of the Red run group in NNJR - a fast lot.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
[www.carmagazine.co.uk]

This article was released yesterday.

I hope the specs are wrong because the HP numbers quoted are going the wrong way--less HP.
MikenOH
[www.carmagazine.co.uk]

This article was released yesterday.

I hope the specs are wrong because the HP numbers quoted are going the wrong way--less HP.

It seems some of their info is a bit suspect. According to the article, there's still lots of time since the 981.2 won't be out until 20106.

Interesting too that the Cayman may be priced below the Boxster where it should have been in the first place.

As you pointed out, if the HP numbers are correct, I think Boxster / Cayman sales will tank.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login