Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I am on DigiKey's website buying some fuses and holders as I am trying to repair my VTL 300 Deluxe tube amp that blew a ceramic fuse and melted the holder..... now to figure out what tube is bad....... yuck. Remember the day when every grocery store had a tube tester? Anyway, I am on Digikey's website and thought I would add a new multimeter to the list. The crappy RadioShack unit I have floats all over the place in AC.... I actually read some current on a dead AC line.... sheesh! Wasted time.

Anyway, DigiKey has a ton of units with prices all over the place. I want a good unit that doesn't float - read zero when zero - and is easy to use with real words on the face and not symbols (I had to tape a cheat sheet to the back of my RadioShack unit). I just need it for the basics... reading current, voltage, capacitance, AD/DC, continuity etc etc etc..... basic stuff. I am not looking for a cheepie unit... I want a nice rugged one but not a Porsche-model. (see, I did have Porsche content)

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I bought a Fluke Model 77 digital multimeter when I was an engineering student. That was (gulp) over 30 years ago and it still works great. I just replace the 9v Duracell about once a decade!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 09:59PM by Crooster. (view changes)
... Fluke.
I bought mine in 1985.
It used to be bright yellow, now it's not that bright but it works perfectly.
I've had to replace the 9 volt battery twice, but I've replaced four sets of leads.
What a great tool!
Happy Flukeing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Just do it. Call me if you have ????s

77s a great unit too

I've had a 77 since i was a grad student, and bought an 87 last year to keep it company.

Just fabulous.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 08:44AM by grant. (view changes)
i bought a little, chinese market, new in box, Fluke 101, that i throw in my track toolbox for $43

Grant

[southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com]?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 10:58AM by Laz. (view changes)
Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login