Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
P1128 DTC....
MarcW - 8 years ago
Driving to lunch and the CEL came on. Car/engine has been running just great. I switched to Chevon gas because my favored Shell station raised its prices by 20 cents/gallon for some reason. The Chevron gasoline after some few tankfuls really perked up the engine. Techron is no joke.

Read the error code just now and as I said above: P1128. I cleared it and sat there thinking. I remembered adding some oil the other day and on a hunch I checked the oil filler tube cap. It was secure. But then I remembered a few years back and tried the cap to see if I could cause an air leak. Sure enough if I pulled up on the cap I could hear air rushing past the cap. I pushed down and the noise stopped. I pulled up again and let go and the cap stayed up and the noise remained. I pushed it down and the noise went away again.

This will be my second oil filler tube cap. The original one wore out and now its replacement.
7 years per isn't too bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 03:46PM by mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC. (view changes)
that are also possibly coming up on their end of life? Brake light switch? Clutch interlock switch? Cruise control switches for the clutch and brake?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login