Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
So, my cup holder assembly seemed loose on the left side. I attempted to tighten the torx screws (2 total). The one on the right side tightened without issue but the one on the left (closer to driver's side) seemed like it was stripped as I couldn't tighten it. So, I decided to remove both screws and remove the assembly.

The assembly seems fine but the screw attachment in the dash from the left side fell out.
How do I put the attachment back into the dash (looks impossible)? Is this normally 2 pieces or is it broken? If it is broken, what part do I need to buy?
At this point I cannot re-install because there is no screw attachment on the left side.

Hopefully this makes some sense. Pictures included below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

These are the 2 pieces from the left side that fell out.

This is a picture of the right side attachment which is still in place.

This is a picture of the left side without any attachment (since it fell out).

This is a picture of the cup holder assembly removed which shows the location for the 2 screws (one on each side).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 08:24PM by atwnsw. (view changes)
Lowe's also carries some but not sure they will have one sized for the companion M5 x 30 screw. Of course could get from dealer but a non 9xx-prefix part number will work just fine winking smiley

Take good one and screw w/ you to match for replacement and do both whilst there. Installation calls for final tightening torque: 7.0 ft-lb

Good luck smiling smiley
Thanks for the reply.

I have a follow up question:

To remove the good one, does it come out from the bottom or top? I wasn't sure if I should use pliers to pull it down or to push it up.

Thanks again.

Anthony
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login