Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Would've thought it simply wouldn't operate until getting to ≤31, which is supposedly Porsche's spec/limit set. Not crazy about this happening because of the excessive air pressure exerting itself on the frame mechanism, etc. Would it start to close if I were doing 60?
When compared to my GPS, I found my speedometer reads about 2 mph fast at highway cruising speeds. So, you were probably doing a real 34 - 35 mph, probably right on the threshold. I know I don't like to close the top while moving for the same reasons you stated.
By the way, numerous checks against roadside radar signs indicates mine is no more than 1 mph high. These checks have been done all over the country, so it's not just the local highway department's calibration. My 912 was off by a few, the 986 by 3-4, so only one up is quite satisfactory and reasonable to me.
I found it disconcerting that the top could be opened or closed at speeds exceeding 30mph. It happened only when I encountered heavy rain, suddenly, on the freeway, and, having been driving at 'speed',
I hadn't realized I was still going faster than 30 mph when I hit the button
even though it's not a safety issue. Then again, if the whole top rips off at 70 and covers a following car's windshield… !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login