Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I happened to look out into an open bay that held a few cars, one for which was a medium grey C7 convertible with the saddle interior that looked stunning.

Top down the car looked terrific--better than the coupe I think--and then the sale manager came out to ask what I was doing looking at his car. I told him I was a Boxster owner (and former Corvette owner) so we chatted about this C7. He absolutely loved it and said it was the best car he'd ever driven. I asked if he had thought about tracking the car (Z51 spec) and he said no way since there was no rollover protection--passive or active--other than the reinforced windshield support.

Sure enough, when I looked up the specs on the car, it has nothing similar to what we have on the Boxster in terms of rollover protection from the built in hoops. Likewise, the Z06 convertible has no roll bar of any sort to protect passengers in case of a roll over despite the fact the car puts out 650HP and is considered "trackable' by some in the press.

Not sure what tracks they might be thinking of but without any rollbars behind the drivers seat, I can't imagine the car being alllowed on a track for a HPDE event like what the PCA or BMWUSA runs. Thread from the C7 forum on this subject:
[www.corvetteforum.com]

Given how much thought Porsche has put into this issue on their cars over the years, I'm amazed Chevy couldn't find a way to incorporate some hoops on any C7 vert--especially the Z06--similar to how it was handled on the Boxster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2015 10:52PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login