Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
angry smiley Shift knob wont release 99 Boxster Tiptronics
US928 - Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, at 9:31:07 am
I'm having this problem for a week now, when i start the car and try to put on Drive the shift knob wont release if i reeve the engine while pushing on brake for a minute then it will release, car is 99 Boxster Tiptronics, any tip would be greatly appreciated. Vic
Re: angry smiley Shift knob wont release 99 Boxster Tiptronics
extanker - Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, at 11:28:46 am
i recall reading something about the interlock being slow to release. problem is this is the new old board and there isnt anything in the search area yet. i,m sure some one in the know will come in. you may try M. FOCKE web site or pedros garage if you get no replies
US928 - Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, at 11:40:37 am
Thanks, whats is the web site for M. FOCKE?
extanker - Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, at 11:44:03 am
google m focke porsche
or google mikefocke boxster

The forum depends on timing and the right person being willing to answer a question. So ask a question and just check in from time to time....someone is sure to know eventually.

IIRC the ppbb board is still up and the messages still searchable. www.ppbb.com

I know when I had a problem with starting I had to fiddle with the steering wheel and move the TIP lever until the dealer sprayed something in the shift mechanism and freed mine up so I don't have the problem any more. No charge, no paperwork, no record of what was done...no kidding..the dealer did something for free.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login