Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
See photos here: My updated Boxster web page
[www.greatvalleyhouse.com]

So far I have only had time to drive it 14 miles home from the dealer which brought the mileage up from 17 to 31.

My only issue is with those damn air bag stickers on the visors. I have removed them before from my previous Boxsters but, at a quick glance, it looks like it is more complicated to remove the visors on the 981? I am open to new methods or suggestions on solving this problem once again.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
From another Agate Grey Boxster, congrats!

You can buy an opaque decal that perfectly covers the stickers and is almost undetectable. I think I got mine on EBay.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Look at [www.ebay.com]

The price has gone up some but this looks like what I bought.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Your car looks great. I really like the aluminum coloured roll bars with the Agate Grey.
Visor stickers
Boxsterra - 8 years ago
You can usually get the non-US part which doesn't have the US-mandated stickers.
I am envious. I am sure it is a permagrin experience all over again. Have fun driving it.

Mine is due at the dealer in November........ hopefully it will arrive sooner.
Congratulations, Jeff. Beautiful car. We seem to agree on colors - If I remember correctly, your previous Boxster was macademia metallic with sand beige interior, and I now have a Macademia and sand beige Carrera. Before that, I had a seal gray Carrera with stone gray interior. So, good choice of colors! Enjoy it to the fullest.
… just stunning.
You need to do two things:
Order the TechNOwind and get rid of the airbag stickers.
I do a few airbag sticker deletes per month.
1.- remove the visors
2.- if the stickers have any relief, clean with acetone until grain of vinyl can be seen
3.- paint using Duplicolor Interior Paint - Comes in multiple colors, but the standard black matches very well
4.- reinstall
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
to pry on covers and break something. I searched the forum and did not find any instruction on this.
So... howza about a recap of the Boxsters you owned and your opinions on their transitions?

Are your airbag decals on vinyl, leather, or on the back of a vanity mirror lid?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
on the mirror lid side but on the side you look at. As to the Boxster transitions I am not a mechanical guy except with my 1974 MGB, nor am I a racer, so my observations are probably not very meaningful to this board but here goes: I bought my first Boxster a 97 because I needed to replace the 944S2. My daughter was off to college and I no longer needed a back seat. The 97 was great except for when the top mechanism failed but Porsche covered the costs of the parts. I visited the plant in Stuttgart in 2002 and learned that glass rear windows were coming with defrosters. Yea!. The 2003 was a lemon with a vibration problem they could never find but it had a glass rear window. The 2008 was great until I was approaching the end of warranty and I started noticing symptoms. The 2012 brown Boxster was my favorite. No problems except for a broken shift lever cable. It had great curb appeal.

With every model change things get a little better in performance, style and electronics.

If I compare any of the Boxsters to our 1974 1974 MGB that I have been driving for the last month waiting on my 2016, they are all super cars.
Jeff (Philly)
on the mirror lid side but on the side you look at. As to the Boxster transitions I am not a mechanical guy except with my 1974 MGB, nor am I a racer, so my observations are probably not very meaningful to this board but here goes: I bought my first Boxster a 97 because I needed to replace the 944S2. My daughter was off to college and I no longer needed a back seat. The 97 was great except for when the top mechanism failed but Porsche covered the costs of the parts. I visited the plant in Stuttgart in 2002 and learned that glass rear windows were coming with defrosters. Yea!. The 2003 was a lemon with a vibration problem they could never find but it had a glass rear window. The 2008 was great until I was approaching the end of warranty and I started noticing symptoms. The 2012 brown Boxster was my favorite. No problems except for a broken shift lever cable. It had great curb appeal.

With every model change things get a little better in performance, style and electronics.

If I compare any of the Boxsters to our 1974 1974 MGB that I have been driving for the last month waiting on my 2016, they are all super cars.

Great websites and pictures, Jeff. You've certainly had your share of Porsches over the years and I'm sure you will love your new one.
I enjoyed your story about the '74' MGB; it must have been great fun--and hard work--to get it back back in running condition and worth the effort. My sports car ownership started with a used TR6 that I drove for for years, had great fun with and eventually led to us getting our first Boxster in '99'.
Actually, I may drop in on you in a few weeks, I will ping you.... Looks like I may have the month off and will be doing many errands and addressing the long list.

I am not far from you... I live in Gladwyne.... probably 15 mnts away.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Love the Agate over grey. Very, very nice.
Hi Jeff,

Congratulation on your new Porsche. I am sure you will have many permagrins.thumbs up

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login