Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Hoping to remember to take some pictures on this one. It will be my son's first PCA event, I think he's gonna have a blast, starts at a donut shop, stops at Wayne Carini's F40 Motorsports for a tour, then to an ice cream place as an endpoint. Any others on here going?

Steve

Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Sounds super fun Steve. Have a great time! F40 should be cool - stacked with super interesting rides.

Gundo
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
and was therefore unable to accommodate us today. sad smiley Another day perhaps as some of the participants know him. Day stayed out great with beautiful weather, at least 20 cars, many models from early 911, 924S, 944S, 968, various years of Boxsters (my 99 was the oldest), A beautiful 993 RUF R Turbo conversion(authentic), and we had this elderly couple show up in a red Panamera GTS (and everyone loved that it was the wife that was driving!).
Upon leaving the lot, the perfect day had some stumbling blocks... The two big accidents on I-95 put all interstate traffic on the back roads we were heading out on for our planned route. Some lead cars decided to turn most of us around and seek an alternative route, lost some cars there... Ended up on a 5-10 mile freshly oiled and graveled road. Never saw so many Porsches driving so sloooow! Lost a couple more cars along the way, got lost, and ended up at the lunch stop 30 minutes early! Most cars eventually made it to the lunch stop, but there were a few that either did their own thing or left shortly after arriving. Due to my job, I couldn't stick around so I can't say how the return trip was for the group, but I do know my return trip of 40 miles took me 2.75 hours due to all the traffic still being diverted from 95. I think I ended up attempting 3 different routes, each time getting stuck in not moving traffic with ~10 miles to get where I needed to be.
What can I say though, a day in a Porsche is wonderful day no matter what goes wrong. Hopefully the group leader got my emails before leaving the lunch stop and was able to re-route the group. There is always next time.

Gundo, we should try to get some of us old TSBL'ers together one of these weekends, I'm sure your new little ones would get a kick out of seeing all the P-cars as would mine.

Steve

Steve
Guards Red 1999

Steve
Guards Red 1999

Steve
Guards Red 1999
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login